• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

• Anakin talks like drama queen in the prequels... however, Vader talks like an drama queen as well.   Anakin: "I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me." Vader: "Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the death of Kenobi, and will soon see the end of the Rebellion."  Someone has a flair for the dramatic no matter what mask they have on. 

JEJ spoke with prose and class.  Hayden was like a whiny 6 year old who got sent to his room without dessert.  There’s no equating the two.

• We don't give Lucas enough credit for the prequels.  Jar Jar aside, he tried something new while still filling in a back story that fits in with what was already done.

Any credit is too much.

(Intermission)

• Sith also gets better with age as far as the story goes. 

Come here Anakin and reach in Uncle Palpatine’s pocket for a present...

IMHO.

Edited by mattn792

Not feeling well... got up and see that mandalorian episode 7 is on.

This show has just become incredible... this is the episode that brings it all together.  Wait and see. 

24 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

...Disney probably knew that if they gave us another TLJ the franchise would be a critics darling that fans would have no interest in. But due to the outright carnage of TLJ there was no easy way back so they had to resurrect Palpatine to try and come up with something fans would like to remind them of the good times. The problem is bringing him back makes RoTJ meaningless. 

They made Rey way to overpowered and borderline Marysue perfect. They killed Luke after making him a dishonorable emo whiny brat. Carrie died IRL so the planned “make it all about Leia and Rey” was lost to them. Han was there just to die. Kylo is sort of interesting but they kept making him look weak and gullible to its hard to get all ramped up for him. The rest of the characters are paper thin and poorly written...where can you go from there?!

Did you see the movie yet? Without seeing it myself - I can't agree with this.

Han wasn't coming back unless his character was killed. Did you wanna see him in TFA? I did. And I thought his death played out very well.

I also think that Fin's character in TFA was interesting. Then he was relegated to 'useless' in TLJ. His character had potential.