• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Loved me some Last Jedi - praying to f'n god that JJ actually came up with a --script of his own rather than try and copy what has already been done again.  Seems that all JJ knows how to do is copy what others have done when he walks into a franchise.  

Chris Terrio co-wrote it.

12 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

Solo was terrible. It wasn't horrible though.

That's the thing. Solo was just mediocre; servicable - like Dr. Strange or Ant-Man.

Which is fine - if we're okay with some Star Wars films being minor one-offs and accepting that not every film needs to be a $1 bn.+ blockbuster event.

My issues with it were two-fold:

• Over-explaining *every* part of the events that played into forming the Solo we met in A New Hope. A previous poster mentioned this - that by the end of Solo he was basically already the Harrison Ford version, with no further growth possible in the intervening years. I felt the same way with X-Men: First Class -- which took the cheap way out by paralyzing Xavier at the end - instantly relegating him to the wheelchair in his 20s. Rather than saving that critical event for the second or third chapter. It prematurely (and needlessly) stunted his character growth.
  • Honestly, plot-wise, Firefly did it better -- and fifteen years ago, on a TV budget. Think I'm joking? Solo's plot was basically "The Train Job" and "Trash" combined, with Qi'ra. standing in for Saffron.

Again - it wasn't *bad* but it was a missed opportunity, because it could have been so much more.

6 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Great - that's what we need. The amazing screenwriter behind BvS and Justice League.  :facepalm:

We don't know how good or bad the actual Justice League movie is (yet), though.

And I love BvS besides 1 moment that people use to demonize the entire film.

I can see why people have their doubts about a film wrote by Abrams+Terrio. I don't, though.

39 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

We don't know how good or bad the actual Justice League movie is (yet), though.

And I love BvS besides 1 moment that people use to demonize the entire film.

I can see why people have their doubts about a film wrote by Abrams+Terrio. I don't, though.

Chris Terrio had nothing to do with the Joss Whedon changes to Justice League. So not sure how he is even being blamed for this when it is clear the post-Snyder environment is what led to the direction shifts.

Heck, Snyder has been feeding the images for months of all that was cut out of the film after he left.

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Chris Terrio had nothing to do with the Joss Whedon changes to Justice League. So not sure how he is even being blamed for this when it is clear the post-Snyder environment is what led to the direction shifts.

Heck, Snyder has been feeding the images for months of all that was cut out of the film after he left.

Not surprised. Whedon basically fired everyone who was a Snyder guy and brought in his own guys. My mind was blown when Junkie XL was off the track after Snyder "left".

21 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Someone, who I think has an identical taste for movies as me, has spoken. And by identical - I mean that we have seemingly exact same opinions. Love Zack Snyder. Captain Marvel is mediocre. Love TFA and hate TLJ. Absolutely identical.

He says it pisses him off and it's not really good. Sadness has fallen upon me. He says that JJ can't be blamed, though, and it appears like he did try to do his best.

Love Zack Snyder ✔️
Captain Marvel mediocre ✔️
Love TFA and hate TLJ .... Just the reverse for me.  
Maybe not love for TLJ but I really enjoyed it. TFA was just another Death Star being blown up.