• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

so excited going to see this tomorrow 5pm EST... might give my review Friday of it, but not really a review person, I just sit there snack and enjoy some entertainment. 

TheRiseOfSkywalker May Be The Worst #StarWars Movie Ever

Hard to want to read Medelson's review if he's going to start a tweet with that much hyperbole.

Edited by fantastic_four

9 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Hard to want to read Medelson's review if he's going to start a tweet with that much hyperbole.

Agreed! It's like anticlimatic as he pretty much made it clear 'Ahead there be monsters' in reading what he has to say.

Kind of like when he wrote a review of a movie with the header 'EVERYONE HATED THIS FILM'. :insane:

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

This is almost certainly the end of Kathleen Kennedy being at the helm of Star Wars.

I think it is safe to say that after her new 3 year contract expires she will not be getting another go.  I wouldn't be surprised if before her 3 years are up she "voluntarily" steps down to achieve/do other things.

Now the question is going to be how well this movie does at the box office.  We all know that it is going to crush it opening weekend, but will it have legs and run out somewhere near the Force Awakens, or will it even manage to do Last Jedi numbers?

3 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I think it is safe to say that after her new 3 year contract expires she will not be getting another go.  I wouldn't be surprised if before her 3 years are up she "voluntarily" steps down to achieve/do other things.

Right?

"We very much appreciate Kathleen's contributions, and support her decision to spend more time with friends and family and far away from future Disney projects. Thanks, Kathleen!"

Remember, if you love Star Wars, don't go see "Rise of Skywalker". Take the Cats Challenge!  (warning LOTS OF NSFW language)

7 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Remember, if you love Star Wars, don't go see "Rise of Skywalker". Take the Cats Challenge!  (warning LOTS OF NSFW language)

LOL

This guy needs to get his own show.

RAGE OF THE FANBOYS!

7 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Well I hadn't planned to see Rise of Skywalker anyway, do I still have to see Cats?

Unfortunately, I think you do. Wish I could help, but my hands are tied.