• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk #181 - is it *that* red-hot?
17 17

1,923 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Never run auctions in Nov/Dec, Sellers will always walk away disappointed, Record sales usually happen in the winter months. I remember last year people were complaining about their results from the CL featured auction last Nov.  Better off holding out until after the 1st of the year.  

You win!!! I think early fall is ideal for auctions but theres always someone willing to drive off a cliff! Oh well...good news for the bidders I guess 

On 11/22/2019 at 1:48 AM, Kevin76 said:

Never run auctions in Nov/Dec, Sellers will always walk away disappointed, Record sales usually happen in the winter months. I remember last year people were complaining about their results from the CL featured auction last Nov.  Better off holding out until after the 1st of the year.  

I agree for the most part, unless you are selling specific high demand books. Example: Mask #1 CGC 5.5

I just took a quick look at the some 7.5's on ebay. There's currently multiple copies under 3k. Looks like things are slowing down a little for this grade (not sure about the other ones). 

Can't wait to see how it will spike back up once Disney announces some Wolverine news, especially a Hulk vs Wolverine film.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:48 AM, Kevin76 said:

Interesting. What's the reasoning for that?

Edited by Darkowl

5 hours ago, mattn792 said:
5 hours ago, Darkowl said:

Interesting. What's the reasoning for that?

Guess it depends on what your selling.  I had a GA Detective issue in the just concluded CLink auction, and it sold for more there than what I was asking for it on the boards.  

There's obviously people on Clink that don't frequent the sales thread here. Or maybe feel safer on Clink?

Maybe books that are tougher to find stand a better chance at a higher sale late in the year when people have Christmas shopping on their minds. 

According to GPA 181s in 9.2 and up are fairly solid. Though I haven't kept up with 9.0? 

I don't think MCU will say anything about x-men for quite some time. Maybe years? I'd imagine casting them would be a huge challenge especially Wolverine!

14 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

There's obviously people on Clink that don't frequent the sales thread here. Or maybe feel safer on Clink?

Maybe books that are tougher to find stand a better chance at a higher sale late in the year when people have Christmas shopping on their minds. 

According to GPA 181s in 9.2 and up are fairly solid. Though I haven't kept up with 9.0? 

I don't think MCU will say anything about x-men for quite some time. Maybe years? I'd imagine casting them would be a huge challenge especially Wolverine!

181 prices have clearly cratered if eBay is to be believed...

181.png

15 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

181 prices have clearly cratered if eBay is to be believed...

181.png

I doubt that sale went through lol

That's clearly a typo hahaha, I think someone might have been fired that day :eek: EEK!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I doubt that sale went through lol

That's clearly a typo hahaha, I think someone might have been fired that day :eek: EEK!

Those pesky misplaced decimal points 🤯 🤬

Could be worth taking a look around their store for some more misplaced decimal points (shrug) :cool:

Edited by MGsimba77

9 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Guess it depends on what your selling.  I had a GA Detective issue in the just concluded CLink auction, and it sold for more there than what I was asking for it on the boards.  

Well, now that i think about it, the big budget comic book movies usually come out in the summer, which means spring is hype season, which means record sales.

Just a thought.

On 3/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, sledgehammer said:

Anyone know where the most recent 9.6 sale on GPA, under $9,700, occurred?

Looks like an OW/W, graded about 11 years ago.

It was on Heritage, and the funkiness of the wrap kind of justified the much lower price in my opinion.

I’m resurrecting this topic as I am considering buying a midgrade copy and have been shopping around.

Thing is nobody is willing to let there copies go for gpa.

I mean I’ve seen a fe completed sales that got a fair deal but most all available copies are over and I can see why.

I was debating over ASM 129, GSX 1, or IH 181

I have found by a fluke...a raw missing the value stand that looks to be a solid 5.0 for 1000.00 even

does this sound like a smart buy?

IH 180 9.8 off white auctioned last Thursday on Heritage for one hell of a number. Pretty sure it's a record. 

GSXM 9.8 W in same auction also had what I think is a record result. This is not counting tax! Very impressive results with everything considered! Wolverine still has plenty of juice!!! 

Auctions like this are why people are asking above GPA for these big keys 

21 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

I’m resurrecting this topic as I am considering buying a midgrade copy and have been shopping around.

Thing is nobody is willing to let there copies go for gpa.

I mean I’ve seen a fe completed sales that got a fair deal but most all available copies are over and I can see why.

I was debating over ASM 129, GSX 1, or IH 181

I have found by a fluke...a raw missing the value stand that looks to be a solid 5.0 for 1000.00 even

does this sound like a smart buy?

I got an 8.5 back in October from CGC and noted that GoCollect had a FMV of $4300.  They're now listing a FMV of $3700 with recorded sales so somebody must be letting it go w/o asking for higher & higher prices.    Unless it just at this particular grade.  Sitting on mine figuring one day theaters will re-open & there will be a new MCU Wolverine.

2 hours ago, csaag said:

I got an 8.5 back in October from CGC and noted that GoCollect had a FMV of $4300.  They're now listing a FMV of $3700 with recorded sales so somebody must be letting it go w/o asking for higher & higher prices.    Unless it just at this particular grade.  Sitting on mine figuring one day theaters will re-open & there will be a new MCU Wolverine.

Well yes I do believe that high grades have been dropping but lower grades are selling for a premium.

The average collector can only afford a lower grade and people are willing to pay 800.00 for a low grade just to have a copy.

Its weird but certain books do that.

Same goes for ASM 129 punisher.

Low grades selling for 500-600 for like 3.0 it’s crazy

anyway unfortunately my budget for any one book is 1000.00 or a bit more

i have found a really nice raw book but missing Stamp. It’s really the best copy I can afford.

i see simply copies being sold for 12-1300 so I thinks it’s a good deal.

This book is destined to go back up.

Everything x men has slowed down a bit.

GSX 1 dropping too

On 5/5/2020 at 6:14 AM, Myowncollector said:

I sold all mine. I think the prices are going to drop. Maybe 40% by end of year. I love the book, but just saying. 

I’ve got my fingers, toes, arms, and legs crossed that this happens. Need a copy!!

1 hour ago, rogue14 said:

I’ve got my fingers, toes, arms, and legs crossed that this happens. Need a copy!!

40% is my max prediction, but I do believe it will drop. Not going to get it for dirt cheap. Although if they keep giving out stimulus checks and unemployment and other goodies it won't happen. But if there is no free money and double digit unemployment it is going down.