• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, tv horror said:
5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Even Barbie had her brush with horror.

i never knew they made those all those different types of horror themed Barbies even Tippi Hedren Birds Barbie in the green business attire lol (thumbsu

Related image Image result for birds movie barbie

Edited by 1950's war comics

Wow that Birds movie Barbie (and all the rest) is soooo cool (thumbsu if i didn't already have too many comics taking up space i would collect some of those ,.. i never knew they even existed...

here is Tippi signing at a con ?? with her doll ...

Image result for birds movie barbie

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Wow that Birds movie Barbie (and all the rest) is soooo cool (thumbsu if i didn't already have too many comics taking up space i would collect some of those ,.. i never knew they even existed...

here is Tippi signing at a con ?? with her doll ...

Image result for birds movie barbie

Her daughter is Melanie Griffith.

images.jpg

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

what are your memories of "the Birds" ? some think it science fiction, some call it horror

I was disappointed that it never explained the reason for the bird attacks, it is one of the better Hitchcock movies and the suspense is used to great effect however the ending left a lot hanging and I don't mean from telegraph poles. I was once attacked by a seagull  it's wingspan must have been at least 2ft long, I was walking down an avenue one evening and all I felt was the birds beak scraping my toupee and the look of horror from the people at a nearby bus stop! That stupid bird followed me and called all his nearby mates for help. I later found out that if a seagull recognises something familiar such as a colour or hat that they will attack? Also it is called a MURDER of crows if there are a lot of them.

download.jpg

images (1).jpg

Edited by tv horror

15 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

@tv horror  and @Gnasherwhat are your memories of "the Birds" ? some think it science fiction, some call it horror

I was 13/14 when I first saw this, and viewed it on a 9" b/w telly when the BBC showed it in the early 70s, so it didn't really register with me then. When I watched it in later years with a better understanding and appreciation of Hitchcock's films, it has become a firm favourite in his canon of work. I've never considered it a horror, (same with Psycho), or SF, but more in the genre of psychological drama/thriller

13 hours ago, tv horror said:

I was disappointed that it never explained the reason for the bird attacks, it is one of the better Hitchcock movies and the suspense is used to great effect however the ending left a lot hanging and I don't mean from telegraph poles. I was once attacked by a seagull  it's wingspan must have been at least 2ft long, I was walking down an avenue one evening and all I felt was the birds beak scraping my toupee and the look of horror from the people at a nearby bus stop! That stupid bird followed me and called all his nearby mates for help. I later found out that if a seagull recognises something familiar such as a colour or hat that they will attack? Also it is called a MURDER of crows if there are a lot of them.

download.jpg

The ending left me baffled, but I now think that there is no reason for the birds attacking, which leaves you with the sense of doubt and adds to the scare effect.

This woman appears to be very good a squidging spiders: handy if you're  arachnophobic.

s-l1600.jpg

She'd have her work cut out with this baby though.....

tomheroes.jpg?w=630&h=937&q=75

Edited by Gnasher

8 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The ending left me baffled, but I now think that there is no reason for the birds attacking, which leaves you with the sense of doubt and adds to the scare effect.

As you mentioned both The Birds and the BBC you should be happy to hear that they are doing a version of there own only this time sticking closely to the novel (translated: boring). Have you ever read a novel by Daphne Du Maurier before you finish the first chapter you've been told all about the wallpaper tea set table chairs fireplace even the characters pet budgie! No, give me the Hitchcock version anytime. 

download.jpg

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

This woman appears to be very good a squidging spiders: handy if you're  arachnophobic.

s-l1600.jpg

She'd have her work cut out with this baby though.....

tomheroes.jpg?w=630&h=937&q=75

WHERE will I be? I'll tell you certainly not trying to jump on the web as a few of the victims seem to be doing...No I would try to build a flamethrower from anything handy or at least get the bug ladys number..

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

WHERE will I be? I'll tell you certainly not trying to jump on the web as a few of the victims seem to be doing...No I would try to build a flamethrower from anything handy or at least get the bug ladys number..

I think she's already on the case as the spider is already missing two legs! xD