• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2018 at 11:32 PM, pemart1966 said:

...and one of the things that makes the first panel sad is that someone edited out Spider-Man's pupils...

No...I'm serious.  The panel in question was probably copied from an early Spider-Man Masterworks.  

In that Masterworks version, someone took "artistic licence" and edited out at least 3 errors/anomalies that I can think of - these eyeballs being one of them.   Why they felt they needed to alter the original work I have no idea.  Needless to say, when I found out I had this version, I had to go out and get a later unedited version.

19 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

No...I'm serious.  The panel in question was probably copied from an early Spider-Man Masterworks.  

In that Masterworks version, someone took "artistic licence" and edited out at least 3 errors/anomalies that I can think of - these eyeballs being one of them.   Why they felt they needed to alter the original work I have no idea.  Needless to say, when I found out I had this version, I had to go out and get a later unedited version.

And here it is for you pemart1966 to illustrate it. (thumbsu

Image result for it's the fugitive who ran past me spiderman

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

reminds me of this one ... Superboy #24 cover and he lets one rip !

Image result for fat superboy comic

Ha ha, yes DC were always giving their characters weight problems. Superboy I'm sure had another overweight cover, as did Superman, so he was always fighting the flab. Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and here's WW, I'm sure there must have been others, too.

Image result for JLA Fat wonder woman

Edited by Gnasher

20 hours ago, Gnasher said:

And here it is for you pemart1966 to illustrate it. (thumbsu

Image result for it's the fugitive who ran past me spiderman

Ahhhh....that's what I'm talking about. The way it originally came out.  Why someone felt the need to edit it I will never understand.

There are a couple of other instances in Masterworks where someone made edits to the original.  Can you find them without looking them up on the net? 

2 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Ahhhh....that's what I'm talking about. The way it originally came out.  Why someone felt the need to edit it I will never understand.

There are a couple of other instances in Masterworks where someone made edits to the original.  Can you find them without looking them up on the net? 

I haven't read any of the Masterworks, so you'll have to count me out. ??? 

3 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Found this guy strolling in my driveway. He looks lost. hm

93.thumb.jpg.631b6413f03617f7b800b46fed401170.jpg

Nice.  Missing chain and O ring on his neck? and maybe some paint stripped from his hair but looks to be a reasonably nicely glued example.

13 hours ago, peewee22 said:

I electrode is repro but painted bronze to match (who cares?)

I insist on originality.  I'm the type of collector that has to have everything original.  I accept no resin, Polar Lights or other repro parts in my Aurora collection.  

If a part happens to be missing, I search it out.  It sometimes takes a while but I DO find it.