• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, OrangeCrush said:

Agreed! Same with Stark watching Spider-Man die. He was just a kid and when he starts saying "I don't want to die,, I don't want to go", the look on Starks face was just brutal. Some pretty impactful scenes in the film in regards to deaths. 

The moment between Tony and Peter (Spidey) is particularly impactful considering throughout Civil War, Homecoming, and the majority of Infinity War, Tony treats Peter like his own son.  He's very protective and tries to be the father/adult figure in his life.  This coupled with Tony's dream about Pepper being pregnant and it's just a crushing moment for him (and the audience).

Peter just repeating "I don't wanna go.  I don't wanna go." is a combination of fear and denial.  A father never wants to outlive his child and there are no words of comfort that Tony can offer other than "it's okay kid."

Edited by ExNihilo

11 hours ago, sd2416 said:

What if Peter sacrifices Tony?

Peter loves Tony more than he loves Aunt May?

Plus, Peter's already dead.

Edited by Comicopolis

19 hours ago, Cocomonkey said:

Not sure if this works, timeline-wise. GotG v2 took place in 2014, and Captain Marvel is supposed to take place in the 90s. I could see it as a mid- or post-credits scene, though--Danvers gets the pager message, and at the same time, Warlock breaks out of the cocoon and pulls a "Come with me if you want to live," and the two rush off to Earth for Avengers 4.

Yep, good thought on the timeline...but the whole movie may not be set in the 90's. I just get the sense that they HAVE to bring Warlock in! And the only movie that makes sense between now and IW2 is Captain Marvel...cosmic and all. Heck, maybe they're saving Warlock for Phase 4 though, but that completely botches a HUGE part of this story-line for IW2.

Personally, I want Phase 4 to have a few Annihilation movies with Drax finally getting what he ultimately wants...

Edited by AGGIEZ

1 hour ago, AGGIEZ said:

Yep, good thought on the timeline...but the whole movie may not be set in the 90's. I just get the sense that they HAVE to bring Warlock in! And the only movie that makes sense between now and IW2 is Captain Marvel...cosmic and all. Heck, maybe they're saving Warlock for Phase 4 though, but that completely botches a HUGE part of this story-line for IW2.

Personally, I want Phase 4 to have a few Annihilation movies with Drax finally getting what he ultimately wants...

Didn't someone post here (or maybe I saw it someplace else) that Feige said he doesn't plan on introducing Adam Warlock until GoTG 3 (and that wasn't set in stone)

1 hour ago, Rodey said:

Didn't someone post here (or maybe I saw it someplace else) that Feige said he doesn't plan on introducing Adam Warlock until GoTG 3 (and that wasn't set in stone)

I think Feige has said that Warlock would be introduced, if anywhere, in a Guardians movie, and Gunn has said that he might(?) introduce him in GotG v3, but that it wasn't definite? Just that Warlock did have a place in the cosmic MCU.

19 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

Peter loves Tony more than he loves Aunt May?

Plus, Peter's already dead.

And I don't want them to do the origin again, but I want to hear Uncle Ben referenced.

What was the deal with Vision appearing human? Is this something he does in the comics? Some of my group said this wasn't a thing that had been done in the movies previously so it came out of left field for them as well. Quite a few things I felt I was really behind on in this movie, but I don't really keep up with the MCU as a whole. 

Agree with others that said they kinda missed Thanos's motivation being that he's courting Death. The altruistic "bringing balance to the universe" thing seems a little weird given his clearly egotistical thirst for power. Also, the remaining half of the universe's population is going to get back to knocking the boots again before too long, so it's not like that balance will be maintained. 

36 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

What was the deal with Vision appearing human? Is this something he does in the comics? Some of my group said this wasn't a thing that had been done in the movies previously so it came out of left field for them as well. Quite a few things I felt I was really behind on in this movie, but I don't really keep up with the MCU as a whole. 

Agree with others that said they kinda missed Thanos's motivation being that he's courting Death. The altruistic "bringing balance to the universe" thing seems a little weird given his clearly egotistical thirst for power. Also, the remaining half of the universe's population is going to get back to knocking the boots again before too long, so it's not like that balance will be maintained. 

now I wish I could unsee the movie. twice. 

OK, a few thoughts off the top of my head...

(1) Gamora isn't gone...she's inside the Soul Gem

(2) Stark is the key to it all. The scene in Strange's sanctorium, regarding his obsession, and the scene with Thanos knowing him well, give the hints.

(3) Captain Marvel could be an amalgamation of the original male Captain Marvel (cosmic awareness and all) and Warlock. She will also serve as 'boots on the ground' for the final movie.

(4) Doctor Strange handed over the Time Gem as that was what he was required to do to make that one in fourteen billion scenario work.

(5) The characters who died will not be returning for the next movie until the very end. If you notice, it's only the original Avengers who survived the cull...Cap, IM, Thor, BW, Hulk and Hawkeye (we assume)

(6) Ant-Man and the Wasp may well have a large part to play in the second part. Their own film starts just before IW, but allegedly ends as the events begin.They look to be travelling to the Microverse, soooo...

Edited by Flaming_Telepath

Question - how does Thanos survive Stormbreaker?  Sure he's not dead yet directly after the strike, and can still perform the snap (you should have gone for the head!).  Next he ports out with the space stone and he's back to being in perfect shape.   Did he use a stone to heal himself, and if so which/how?

13 minutes ago, 234wallst said:

Question - how does Thanos survive Stormbreaker?  Sure he's not dead yet directly after the strike, and can still perform the snap (you should have gone for the head!).  Next he ports out with the space stone and he's back to being in perfect shape.   Did he use a stone to heal himself, and if so which/how?

Power or Time, methinks. 

So my theory is the heroes that disappeared at the end are also in the soul gem or limbo of some sorts like earth x

i think strange will send his astral projection to help guide the heroes on bringing them and everyone back 

captain marvel probably brings with her Warlock

However the next movie revisits time. Maybe they do go back in time to the battle of NY

maybe they go after Thanos at that time stopping him from every getting any of the stones 

they probably sacrifice themselves for the sake of the others 

2 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Keeping the next movie’s title a secret is killing me...

Just assume it's "Infinity War: Part II" until they surprise you with something more dramatic.