• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It was the second movie. And for Chip my comment was about the last avengers movie that she’s the one who gets him once hearing the distress signal

Gotcha. That makes sense to me. 

32 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

Or maybe she tries to get Warlock, but then he goes full-on Magus, and everyone plus Thanos teams up to stop him...

I think Magus would be a mistake. The GA would say, "So ANOTHER purple guy has the gauntlet now? *yawn*" 

1 hour ago, Chip Cataldo said:

If Captain Marvel's movie is set entirely in the 90s there's no way she can bring in Warlock before IW2. I don't see how he's in the next movie unless they introduce him in it. 

Russo's and Gunn already said Warlock won't be in Avengers 4.  The reason was it would take too much time to develop his character during the movie.  Obviously you can't just throw in the most powerful characters such as Danvers/Warlock without some back story.  It only works for Danvers as she gets her own movie and can be retro fitted in the the MCU.  Also the fact they've already teased Warlock would somewhat break the continuity.  He's being created to take on the Guardians, and not to save the universe.

12 minutes ago, 234wallst said:

Russo's and Gunn already said Warlock won't be in Avengers 4.  The reason was it would take too much time to develop his character during the movie.  Obviously you can't just throw in the most powerful characters such as Danvers/Warlock without some back story.  It only works for Danvers as she gets her own movie and can be retro fitted in the the MCU.  Also the fact they've already teased Warlock would somewhat break the continuity.  He's being created to take on the Guardians, and not to save the universe.

They'd have to bring back the Guardians for him to take them on. Aren't  Rocketand Nebula the only ones left?

4 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Keeping the next movie’s title a secret is killing me...

It better be "JK...LOL"

I think I'm in the minority believing that this is not the end for Loki.  That hand-to-hand assassination attempt against Thanos (with 2 infinity stones) felt so sloppy...was it Matt Damon in disguise?

1 minute ago, BorderlineHoarder said:

I think I'm in the minority believing that this is not the end for Loki.

I assume that whatever reset button gets hit un-does all the deaths, Loki and Heimdall's included.

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I assume that whatever reset button gets hit un-does all the deaths, Loki and Heimdall's included.

I wouldn't mind child Loki. I hope that a few things are different when all is "restored". 

4 hours ago, 234wallst said:

Russo's and Gunn already said Warlock won't be in Avengers 4.  The reason was it would take too much time to develop his character during the movie.  

Agreed, this isn't a DC film :sumo:

Edited by Max Carnage

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

However the next movie revisits time. Maybe they do go back in time to the battle of NY

maybe they go after Thanos at that time stopping him from every getting any of the stones 

they probably sacrifice themselves for the sake of the others 

Perhaps they'll go back far enough to reboot? MCU 2.0? Ultimate MCU? I mean, they're like 19 films in now, how do they expect new fans to jump on board after 11 years? MCU Reborn, maybe? MCU Now?

4 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I think Magus would be a mistake. The GA would say, "So ANOTHER purple guy has the gauntlet now? *yawn*" 

Oh, I agree, Magus would be a mistake. But then again, I think audiences would accept another purple guy as long as he came with that glorious 'fro!

They definitely left the door open for Loki to come back whether or not it's directly from undoing the end-of-movie deaths. They kept hedging his death--yeah, this time feels more permanent, but then again, he has done this before and come back from "dead"...

This BuzzFeed interview with Markus and McFeely from yesterday made some interesting points, aside from them saying that "the deaths are real" and that Avengers 4 wasn't going to go the way fans expect (which, I assume, is an expectation that the heroes will undo all the deaths...). One of which was that when they wrote and filmed AIW, Black Panther hadn't opened yet. So they had no idea at the time that BP was going to be as big a success as it was, or that killing him off would be as shocking/effective as it would be.

A friend is saying that when the city is attacked by Thanos Dark Order, that Strange starts the timelock and when Tony asks what is that, he says a little insurance.  

And that when he asked Thanos to spare Tony on Titan before giving him the stone, that he saw that Tony was integral to the 1:14,000,000 chance.  

I guess ill have to rewatch and see.