• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

Wow, I guess New York's AMC 25 had an 11 Marvel movie marathon that lasted 31 hours before Infinity War aired as the finale. Now those are some die hard fans. Not sure I could sit in a theatre for 31 hours just to get to Infinity War. 

A thunderclap of shouts rolls in approval. The crowd at New York’s AMC Empire 25 is getting restless, but it would be unfair to call them impatient. After 11 consecutive Marvel movies, they’re ready to cap off a 31-hour marathon with a conclusion they’ve all been waiting for: Avengers: Infinity War. Just off of Times Square, dozens of fans, prepared with blankets, pillows, snacks, and caffeine, have committed to celebrating the long-anticipated release of Marvel’s latest film with a special marathon event.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/1/17294156/marvel-avengers-infinity-war-movie-marathon-amc

Edited by OrangeCrush

17 minutes ago, AGGIEZ said:

I'm thinking we see him surface in the Captain Marvel movie, just before IW2...where he comes in and helps save the day

Not sure if this works, timeline-wise. GotG v2 took place in 2014, and Captain Marvel is supposed to take place in the 90s. I could see it as a mid- or post-credits scene, though--Danvers gets the pager message, and at the same time, Warlock breaks out of the cocoon and pulls a "Come with me if you want to live," and the two rush off to Earth for Avengers 4.

Here is a MIGHTY impressive feat:

Over the weekend, it had already exceeded the entire runs of Iron Man 2, Logan, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Incredible Hulk.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/avengers-infinity-war-first-week-global-international-box-office-results-1202380241/

Joe Russo (one of the directors) has also said that Valkyrie did indeed survive the attack. 

Yep, looks like you were spot on!

In the opening scene of the film, Thanos and the Black Order wipe out an entire Asgardian refugee vessel, as well as Loki and Heimdall. However, Valkyrie's (Tessa Thompson) fate is never directly addressed throughout the movie. So, fans were left wondering if the warrior is still alive after the events of the third Avengers film.

During a school-sponsored Q&A at the University of Iowa, Russo did confirm Valkyrie is still alive and kicking. According to a Reddit user who was in attendance, the director explained a few Asgardians managed to survive the massacre via escape pods, with Valkyrie was among the survivors.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/01/avengers-infinity-war-director-confirms-this-character-survived

That makes me really happy as I absolutely loved the character. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

So spoilers ahead. Leave this post now if you don't want the movie to be spoiled.

What do you guys think was most shocking deaths and saddest deaths?

Shocking deaths to me where Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I really didn't think they kill them do to their box office success.

Saddest deaths to me where Groot, Spiderman and the saddest one of all Gamora.

Gamora was gut wrenching.

Well, can't wait until Avengers 4 to see how this all gets solved.

Gamora was easily the saddest death for me. Most shocking was Loki, not because I thought he would survive the movie, but because it happened in the first 10 minutes.

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The Scarlet Witch and Vision scene was heartbreaking as well.

Agreed! Same with Stark watching Spider-Man die. He was just a kid and when he starts saying "I don't want to die,, I don't want to go", the look on Starks face was just brutal. Some pretty impactful scenes in the film in regards to deaths. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

Just now, OrangeCrush said:

Agreed! Same with Stark watching Spider-Man die. He was just a kid and when he starts saying "I don't want to die,, I don't want to go, the look on Starks face was just brutal. Some pretty impactful scenes in the film in regards to deaths. 

Agreed.

Another scene that looked so realistic was when Thanos hurts Tony bad.I never seen Tony look some vulnerable. That was an intense as it gets in the Marvel movies.

9 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Gamora was easily the saddest death for me. Most shocking was Loki, not because I thought he would survive the movie, but because it happened in the first 10 minutes.

Have you ever read a comic??? Nobody is dead! Except maybe Loki. Hiddelston might be tired of the role.

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Agreed.

Another scene that looked so realistic was when Thanos hurts Tony bad.I never seen Tony look some vulnerable. That was an intense as it gets in the Marvel movies.

They all looked FAR more vulnerable than we have ever seen them before. I was right about one thing tho and that is that Marvel purposely misdirected people with the trailer. I said that awhile back as they made it look like Vision was going to die by getting the mind stone ripped out and Thanos says "I hope they remember you" when looking down at Stark. I usually don't watch trailers, but the trailer aired during the super bowl so I just said screw it. I suspected from the very beginning that the trailer was misdirection. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

Have you ever read a comic??? Nobody is dead! Except maybe Loki. Hiddelston might be tired of the role.

I'm betting heimdall is a gone pecan, as well.

20 minutes ago, the blob said:

Nope, never read a comic before....sigh!!!. Only have over 150 short boxes of comics and Watchmen and Infinity Gauntlet are easily 2 of my all time favorite stories. Were not talking about what happens in the next film. Wre talking about this film and even knowing some of these characters are coming back doesn't make the scenes any less impactful, at least not for me. 

And if you have read any of the interviews with The Russo's or Fiege, you would know that there are going to be some surprise deaths or people not coming back at all, so nothing is for sure right now besides a few main characters. Its not just going to be Loki & Hiemdall.

Edited by OrangeCrush

4 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

I would agree.  The two deaths from before Thanos got the soul stone are definitely "permanent".  The death when he got the soul stone I'd put at 50/50.  All the deaths after I'd put at 0%.

12 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

I hated seeing that scene. He has been such a fantastically cast character that I want to see more from.

But I get that is how you make a movie emotional. Otherwise, who would care?

9 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Nope, never read a comic....sigh!!!. Only have over 150 short boxes of comics and Watchmen and Infinity Gauntlet are easily 2 of my all time favorite stories. Were not talking about what happens in the next film. Wre talking about this film and even knowing some of these characters are coming back doesn't make the scenes any less impactful, at least not for me. 

I am being facetious.

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

One thing with this movie is Thanos comes off pretty evil.That scene with Hulk.I never seen the Hulk so defeated.

It seemed Hulk was so scared of Thanos that was the reason he kept saying no when Banner tried to turn back to him.

I feel just the opposite. He thinks he is doing the right thing. He isn't doing it for power. Wasn't there a 50/50 chance he would zap himself? (Or did the Gauntlet protect him?). In GOTG, etc. he came across as just an evil person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but now they have developed him and nuanced him.

Over at the University of Iowa, the college welcomed one of its most famous alumni for a talk. Joe Russo studied English at the university long before he tapped into the MCU, and the director appeared for a school-sponsored Q&A today where he met with students. Now, those lucky enough to attend the forum have shared what Russo told them, and it sounds like the director had something to say about that opening scene in Avengers: Infinity War.

As you will remember, the film begins with a terrifying scene aboard the Asgardian refugee vessel. Thor and the Asgardians are attacked by Thanos who is looking for the Tesseract and the Space Stone it holds. The Mad Titan seems to go so far as killing all of the remaining Asgardians who fled their home at the end of Thor: Ragnarok. Other characters like the Valkyrie weren’t addressed at all, but a student who sat in on Russo’s collegiate panel said the director addressed those characters’ fate.

According to the Redditor, Russo confirmed Valkyrie did survive Thanos’ ambush. The director did not say how, but he did say a portion of the Asgardians also survived. Russo said escape pods ferried those survivors away from the battle, giving the Asgardian race the chance to escape extinction. It is very possible the Valkyrie was charged with overseeing that evacuation since most of the Asgardian refugees were simple civilians.

And, if you are curious about Korg, then prepare to be a bit let down. The Redditor said they asked Russo whether the fan-favorite character made it out of the ambush alive. The director said he wasn’t “willing” to reveal Korg’s fate just yet, so fans will have to keep their fingers crossed for the hero a little while longer.

On 28/04/2018 at 3:53 PM, valiantman said:

+1

I also think the discussion of what the Vision would be without the stone will be important. Tony can probably revive/reboot Vision with no stone, and they can work together. Perhaps the Vision now understands some of the time physics, since the time stone was used on him.

Tony will use his power cell in his chest for the Vision after all Pepper said he did not need it anymore.

55 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Valkyrie and Korg will replace Gamora and Drax on the GOTG team:acclaim:.

Anybody else notice that the only two fat people in the movie are two Asian guys?!?!?  I and my fellow Asians will not let this go unnoticed:sumo:.  But that scene where he yelled "we're all gonna die" had to be one of the funniest sceneslol.

29 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Tony will use his power cell in his chest for the Vision after all Pepper said he did not need it anymore.

I hope when they reboot Vision he's like the Byrne WCA version. More robotic, non emotional.