• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on a sale that is going sideways
7 7

573 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, spreads said:

Exactly.  I think the board is 'owed' this knowledge with all the time and energy this community spent contributing to this discussion.

Okay, so 20 or 30 people PM's the OP for this guy's name.  What about 6 months from now when this guy pulls the same hore on someone that didn't read this thread, or read the thread but didn't get find out his name because it wasn't posted here. 

He’s the same guy who said he would sell to anyone regardless of being on any list and he would judge it on a case by case basis. So there is that.

19 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

It already HAS gone very badly for him.  Who in their right mind would deal with this guy going forward?

I don't mean badly as in the pitchforks of a bunch of comic collectors...I mean badly as in potential case for mail fraud via USPS legal trouble kind of badly. Not sure if that applies here, or if USPS was even used, but this is the kind of trouble I'd be stirring up if it were me getting screwed.

10 hours ago, Batman1fan said:

With all that has been said in this thread, the biggest thing that sticks in my craw is this guy tried to cheat (and if there's any other word for it, I don't know what it is) Jeff by offering to complete the transaction for $100.00 less than was agreed upon.  In my opinion, and that's all it is, at that point any and all other excuses went out the window.  At $675.00, the boardie can't complete the transaction he agreed to, but at $575.00 he can?  What a crock.  The "friend" who supposededly caused all of this more than likely doesn't even exist.  The fact that the boardie on the other side of this transaction hasn't chimed in to plead his case or explain his position speaks volumes.  With all the this boardie has pulled, I can understand Jeff not wanting to publicly out the guy until he gets his comics back, and can at least minimze his loss.  Who can blame him?  Once the comics are back in the right hands, I'd be willing to bet the boards will all know who he is.  

The extra $100.00 off really ticks me off. I declined this offer as I would rather lose money than accept this ridiculous offer. My patience only goes so far lol 

14 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't think he's making people pm him, but he's waiting to make sure an empty box was not mailed before he makes the name available. 

Personally, I think this should go to the probation thread as there is a way to make Jeff at least somewhat  whole. 

The shipping fees have not been covered. Even though there was an agreement at this time, it's because the seller was coerced.

This was not an instance where the buyer was unhappy with the books, he just changed his mind for a reason that has nothing to do with the seller.

The probation thread is an in house (our own) policy that is not ruled by the courts. We as a community can determine why someone should be on it.  I suppose someone could sue, but I don't see that happening.

I can understand if Jeff  wants to wait until Randall gets the books before making any other moves. I don't think we are risking armageddon by waiting a few more days.

Agreed. He couldn’t be unhappy with the books because he claims the box was never opened. Total issue of cold feet. In one of our messages he says it’s his responsibility but then he won’t take responsibilty  :facepalm:

8 hours ago, Logan510 said:
11 hours ago, spreads said:

Exactly.  I think the board is 'owed' this knowledge with all the time and energy this community spent contributing to this discussion.

Okay, so 20 or 30 people PM's the OP for this guy's name.  What about 6 months from now when this guy pulls the same hore on someone that didn't read this thread, or read the thread but didn't get find out his name because it wasn't posted here. 

He’s the same guy who said he would sell to anyone regardless of being on any list and he would judge it on a case by case basis. So there is that.

OK - so who was that?

lol I wish it was only 20-30 PMs. Only a very few people know who it is at this point and it will stay that way until Randall safely receives the books  or someone figures it out.

37 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
9 hours ago, Logan510 said:

OK - so who was that?

I only know one Boardie who had that stance. 

17 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I only know one Boardie who had that stance. 

If it's not the same guy we're talking about it might be two.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:
9 hours ago, Logan510 said:
12 hours ago, spreads said:

OK - so who was that?

"Logan510" is referring to me to provoke conflict. The "he" that spreads is talking about is the mystery buyer, but "Logan510" changed it to mean me, in the process inventing more fiction. The first part of his statement contradicts the second. Judging on a case by case basis means you DON'T sell to "anyone."

In any event, it's not me. 

13 hours ago, Logan510 said:

That rings a bell, but I can't remember which boardie said it.

8 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

lol I wish it was only 20-30 PMs. Only a very few people know who it is at this point and it will stay that way until Randall safely receives the books  or someone figures it out.

Fair enough, so we will know when this mess is resolved.

7 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

That rings a bell, but I can't remember which boardie said it.

I remember, I also remember that same boardie reiterating it to me on a phone conversation. But since I do not have actual proof of this, my slip and fall lawyer has Recommended that I don't Make public Accusations.