• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on a sale that is going sideways
7 7

573 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

So, basically, this boardie is now holding your books (that you sent in good faith), hostage.

Nice.

He is also turning a rather annoying process into a much bigger issue than it needs to be...The "buyer" backed out, it sucks, but hey it happens, so send the books back, get a refund. Simple.

This is completely unacceptable.  I'm starting to wonder if the "broker" even has a "friend" and that the "wife" is likely his wife maybe? Regardless, this unknown boardie is acting like a complete a-hole.

That’s the sad story in a nutshell. I can maybe see his side as to being scared that I won’t refund him but I told him to check my Kudos and he will see that I’m a straight shooter. 

36 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I'm pretty sure there's no "friend" involved here. This turd had buyer's remorse, or he's trying to get the books "lost" and hold onto them for himself. This whole thing stinks to high heaven. You've gone above and beyond to be a good seller and good person,and your rep is gold. At this point you have nothing to lose in outing this loser, who I know we will all want to avoid.

When the books are safely received my me or Randall you will all know who to avoid. I have been in touch with one of the PL leaders of the boards and he is guiding me through this mess.

Where is the middle man located? While it's pretty obvious that the last thing this problem needs is more people involved, maybe some reputable boardie lives in his area and might facilitate in some way? Meet the guy at the post office with the refund check or something? Grabbing at straws here but it might help, unless the middleman is committed to his scam.

Also, the fact that you were selling for half price gives the middleman plenty of room for markup, increasing the likelihood of that scenario as well as really cementing his role as the responsible party (unless it was a bunch run filler dollar books that OSP sees as ten dollar each, in which case the $675 was probably fair).

Edited by mackenzie999

After seeing the messages between you two, and him being a non commital half a scam artist, I would also start pushing back.  The "I will have to think about this" would be the last straw. And how long has he had the package?  At a certain point, it must be considered his, and out of the postal service's hands.  As in not being able to refuse delivery.  That ship must have sailed by now. You have more patience with him than I would have had.  I would only think this would enhance your reputation on this board. 

I'm not saying that PayPal wouldn't refund him, stranger things have happened, but with all your saved communications, I just cannot fathom PP refunding this guy unless he returns the books to you. In my opinion, and I know that others are only trying to help and bless them for it, getting the books back to you should be priority one.
I don't think you should even consider another middle man approach. You've done your part and you have conversations directly stating the buyers ill-intent. Let him force a PP dispute without returning the books to you.. I don't think he will get very far.

I'm sorry this is happening to you, Jeff.
Imo, this transaction is quickly surpassing the Probation List and is now bordering on Hall Of Shame worthiness.

I’ve bought books for friends on the boards before that the friend ended up not wanting. Not in the way of $600+ dollars (id NEVER)spend that type of money for a friend without them giving it to me first...ESPECIALLY if that was my rent money. What is this guy thinking??) but when my friend said NVM it was definitely an eye roller but I never thought about trying to return the book because I knew it was my problem and not the sellers. That deal ended when I paid for the books and received them. 

That’s awesome of Randall to step in...good luck in this situation Jordysnordy. I sincerely hope this “middle man” gets his head out of his rear end and comes to terms with the error of his ways and stops pouting. 

38 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

What is this guy thinking??

He is too busy telling lies to think. 

4 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

After seeing the messages between you two, and him being a non commital half a scam artist, I would also start pushing back.  The "I will have to think about this" would be the last straw. And how long has he had the package?  At a certain point, it must be considered his, and out of the postal service's hands.  As in not being able to refuse delivery.  That ship must have sailed by now. You have more patience with him than I would have had.  I would only think this would enhance your reputation on this board. 

I was just thinking that.

Edited by NoMan

23 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
6 hours ago, october said:

I would like to know who this person is so that I can avoid dealing with him. Ridiculous transaction. 

Exactly... I'm starting to get fatigue from this thread... just out them already...

The fact that they haven’t come here themselves to offer their side of the story, despite almost certainly knowing about this thread, speaks volumes.