• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on a sale that is going sideways
7 7

573 posts in this topic

I'm still highly suspicious about the existence of the "friend".

PM sent, don't want to ever make the mistake of dealing with this fraud!

If a doctor purposefully cuts off your arm, is it all better once he surgically reattaches it?

hm

For me, the mystery man's behavior is already egregious enough to warrant our avoidance, no matter what happens moving forward.

As Lady Macbeth would say, "What's done cannot be undone."

Edited by newshane

I didn’t read the entire thread but, IMO, the boardie broker should be on the hook.  

At the bare minimum, he should ship the books back to you and refund you your initial shipping costs and the PP fee in full.  Basically, you’re out nothing (but your time).  

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

I didn’t read the entire thread but, IMO, the boardie broker should be on the hook.  

At the bare minimum, he should ship the books back to you and refund you your initial shipping costs and the PP fee in full.  Basically, you’re out nothing (but your time).  

Don't discount the value of time, I charge quite a bit for mine!

On 4/29/2018 at 3:52 PM, Jordysnordy said:

This is the message I received 

67C8C369-A8B9-4D07-B8A1-9C3BED7B89E2.png

The fact that this guy can't cover $675 to not only make good on his insufficiently_thoughtful_person brother on the deal but his boardie reputation means he is a loser and a minimum wage peasant.  This guy sounds like he is one rent check away from being homeless.  I hope starting now he actually does become homeless.  

I would out this guy and his home address.  

Jordysnordy is a good boardie.  When bad things happen to good boardies I want terrible things to happen to the people who cause it!

3 minutes ago, mackenzie999 said:

I wouldn't wish homelessness on anyone, but hopefully this situation will open this guys eyes to priorities; if rent is an issue he shouldn't be spending his money on collectibles. He doesn't strike me as sharp enough to play that game successfully. He's lucky Jordy is a good guy, this could have gone very badly for him.

+1 :shy:

10 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I thought one of the things about the probation list is that it gives the person on the list a chance to get off of it by making things right? If the transaction has been completed, how is he supposed to be able to make things right? I'm guessing by recompensing the seller for his losses on the deal?

Yes.

10 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Maybe what you're really suggesting is him being put in the HoS? 

No.

5 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

The fact that this guy can't cover $675 to not only make good on his insufficiently_thoughtful_person brother on the deal but his boardie reputation means he is a loser and a minimum wage peasant.  This guy sounds like he is one rent check away from being homeless.  I hope starting now he actually does become homeless.  

I would out this guy and his home address.  

Jordysnordy is a good boardie.  When bad things happen to good boardies I want terrible things to happen to the people who cause it!

It's not like he ran over his puppy.

download.jpg

7 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Yes.

No.

I was corrected sir.

If he goes on the PL, the way for him to get off would be to reimburse the seller all shipping costs correct?

That seems fair to me.

Just now, Logan510 said:

I was corrected sir.

If he goes on the PL, the way for him to get off would be to reimburse the seller all shipping costs correct?

That seems fair to me.

Yep....that sounds good to me. 

Make the seller whole or he can stay on the PL where others can be warned away from him.

Just now, Domo Arigato said:

Yep....that sounds good to me. 

Make the seller whole or he can stay on the PL where others can be warned away from him.

Unfortunately there are plenty of people here who will deal with PL and HoS members behind the scenes because $$$ and Cool Books ™

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Unfortunately there are plenty of people here who will deal with PL and HoS members behind the scenes because $$$ and Cool Books ™

True....but if they do that knowingly and things go south, then they have nobody to blame but themselves.

10 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

This is a big part of the problem - once he returns the books he has “successfully”completed the transaction, whether it is to my satisfaction is another story but the transaction will technically be completed according to board rules. I had many PMs and texts yesterday with a board guru on PL issues and he seems to think it will be hard to get this guy on the PL list. HOS maybe. You have no idea how hard it was to even squeeze the $30.00 from this guy, let alone restocking fee. He almost bailed on the agreement because of the lousy $30.00. As for him paying the difference of the original shipping costs, usually the seller covers the shipping there and the buyer the return shipping so I’m not sure if that would stick. I will bite the $15.00 loss and lick my wounds as I have stated earlier that some this falls on me because while neither of us talked about a return policy, as a seller I probably should have covered it just in case something like this happened. Every sales thread I have ever run has had a return policy but this was not from one of my sales threads and I truly didn’t think there would be a problem because the boardie and his friend both saw the scans and all of the books met his grade minimum requirement. There were a few below his minimum grade requirement but I basically threw those books in because I was trying to be nice. 

I'm sorry all this has happened.  You'll be out a little cash but consider it fairly cheap lesson.  I'd gladly pay $15 or $20 bucks to find out who my true friends aren't.

8 hours ago, mackenzie999 said:

I wouldn't wish homelessness on anyone, but hopefully this situation will open this guys eyes to priorities; if rent is an issue he shouldn't be spending his money on collectibles. He doesn't strike me as sharp enough to play that game successfully. He's lucky Jordy is a good guy, this could have gone very badly for him.

It already HAS gone very badly for him.  Who in their right mind would deal with this guy going forward?