• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Connect started to post next Auction items
2 2

74 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

Is this Action #1 new to the market, or is it one we've seen before?

RHG, didn't read the thread but the book has been discussed earlier here - 

This one collector auction is definitely not as good as the Jon Berk Auction that took place at the same time last year, but I guess you really can't complain too much when you have a nice Action 1 and a 'Tec 27 in there, even though it's been restored.  (thumbsu

After all, it's really hard save for a couple of collectors to even have a chance against the absolutely amazing collection that Jon had complied over his collecting lifetime.  :cloud9:

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

This one collector auction is definitely not as good as the Jon Berk Auction that took place at the same time last year, but I guess you really can't complain too much when you have a nice Action 1 and a 'Tec 27 in there, even though it's been restored.  (thumbsu

After all, it's really hard save for a couple of collectors to even have a chance against the absolutely amazing collection that Jon had complied over his collecting lifetime.  :cloud9:

I am just glad I was able to pick up one thing from Jon’s collection. 

22 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Captain America 1 and the run as well look pretty darn nice too.  Don't forget the Detective 33, 9.2

Yes indeed, looks like he has multiple copies of the early GA Cap's, including 2 copies of the highly sought after Cap 3, along with multiple copies of the last several issues of the GA Cap run.  :cloud9:

But clearly much more of an Avengers fan as there are well over 25 pages of Avengers books in there, including multiple uber HG copies of the early Avengers books in his collection there.  :whatthe:

13 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Well, definite congrats on picking up Jon's copy of Fantastic 3, or was it the Action 1?  (thumbsu 

We both wish. lol

an entire day of Avengers comics... yeesh. No way the market is that interested in Bronze, Copper and later Avengers slabs to make the seller back his money slabbing that whole collection... 

though it'll be nice to have a day off not having to follow the auction

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

an entire day of Avengers comics... yeesh. No way the market is that interested in Bronze, Copper and later Avengers slabs to make the seller back his money slabbing that whole collection... 

though it'll be nice to have a day off not having to follow the auction

I noticed that Worldwide has been a listing a ton of Avengers lately ... and they don't seem to be selling.

17 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
On 5/1/2018 at 3:15 PM, batman_fan said:

+1

I was lucky enough to have picked up 4 books from Jon's collection, namely 3 really early HTF Centaurs along with 1 later mid-grade, but still highest graded Fox book that apparently has no other pedigree copies in existence. :banana:

All this talk made me a bit nostalgic and flipping through the Jon Berk catalogue reminds me that I really should have bidded higher on some of the books since they were really an once in a lifetime opportunity.  :frown:

30 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I was lucky enough to have picked up 4 books from Jon's collection, namely 3 really early HTF Centaurs along with 1 later mid-grade, but still highest graded Fox book that apparently has no other pedigree copies in existence. :banana:

All this talk made me a bit nostalgic and flipping through the Jon Berk catalogue reminds me that I really should have bidded higher on some of the books since they were really an once in a lifetime opportunity.  :frown:

I got 10 books from his auction, but have since resold a couple.  I really hate that I didn't get a catalog. :tonofbricks: