• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

And what kool-aid are you drinking?

The article specifically refers to an "asset sale".  Beckett did not simply buy out Voldy, Voldy was acquired through an asset sale.

"Asset sales" are what happen when companies and individuals go bankrupt.  

You seem to have a thing for kool-aid.

How do you like this kool-aid?

https://www.inforuptcy.com/articles/363-bankruptcy-asset-sales-overview

-J.

(thumbsu

3 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Not if the original contract allowed for either party to terminate the agreement in the event of insolvency or acquisition and there was no language obligating that outstanding balances be paid. Metro could still file a claim but the payout would depend on how Beckett is positioning themselves as an acquirer of Voldy.

This, of course, is based on the premise that Voldy and Metro actually put a formal contract in place and it wasn't a handshake deal between two non-legal reps.

+1

I agree with all of this.

But of course if there is a contract and it's silent on matters of bankruptcy/insolvency and/or acquisition, then Beckett "should" be on the hook for what Metro is claiming.  

-J.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

It certainly does.  Yes, I know it's not anything you want to believe or accept. But it is what it is.   Voldy was a complete and total bust.

-J.

Beckett should sue you for slander.

You're not someone who's shown any ability or inclination to learn when something is pointed out to you, so I'll make only this single comment.  In company acquisitions, the acquirer buys assets as specified by contract.  In no way, shape, or form does the section you quoted provide any information on the solvency of the acquired company.  Unless you can provide publicly available materials on a bankruptcy filing, you continue to speculate baselessly and be wrong about their financial status at the time of their acquisition.

Edited by namisgr

7 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Beckett should sue you for slander.

You're not someone who's shown any ability or inclination to learn when something is pointed out to you, so I'll make only this single comment.  In company acquisitions, the acquirer buys assets as specified by the contract.  In no way, shape, or form does the section you quoted provide any information on the solvency of the acquired company.

Yes, yes I know.  You're another one of those "all knowing comic gurus" that are never wrong about anything and should never be questioned.  Whatever gets you through the night, bud.  (thumbsu

And I will leave you with a reiteration of this comment:

This is referred to as an "asset sale" for a reason, just as it is not referred to as simply a "sale of assets" in your imaginary scenario for a reason.  "Asset sales" happen when an individual or a company go BANKRUPT.  Which is quite clearly what this article explains:

You obviously have bought more Voldy slabs than prudence or common sense should have dictated.  Sorry to hear that.  But a duck is still a duck.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Whatever gets you through the night, bud.  (thumbsu

And I will leave you with a reiteration of this comment:

This is referred to as an "asset sale" for a reason.  "Asset sales" happen when an individual or a company go BANKRUPT.  Which is quite clearly what this article explains:

You obviously have bought more Voldy slabs than prudence or common sense should have dictated.  Sorry to hear that.  But a duck is still a duck.  

-J.

Under the proposed slander suit you have responded to, via your able clarification, would it not be a counter suit for corporate slander (treble damages?), available in your cupboard to use?

Just now, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Under the proposed slander suit you have responded to, via your able clarification, would it not be a counter suit for corporate slander (treble damages?), available in your cupboard to use?

Oh look and here's another all knowing comic guru that travels in the same pack with the other guy.  Well at least you admit what you think you are in your username. Lol 

I just need to hear from two or three more of you before I can complete my bingo card.  :shy:

Oh and to you, I will also extend my condolences for clearly buying too many slabs from this bankrupt company.  

-J.

50 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

The lawsuit mentions ""CBCS Ops" out of North Carolina".  What relation is this to CBCS the company we all know who operates out of Florida?

NC is likely where they are incorporated for taxation purposes, while Florida is where their physical HQ is located.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Oh look and here's another all knowing comic guru that travels in the same pack with the other guy.  Well at least you admit what you think you are in your username. Lol 

I just need to hear from two or three more of you before I can complete my bingo card.  :shy:

Oh and to you, I will also extend my condolences for clearly buying too many slabs from this bankrupt company.  

-J.

Actually, I was backing you........and I don't collect comics, I just come here to learn about them and I do learn a lot.

If you read my response a little slower, and not in anger and with a sense of  satire, you may understand my position. It is OK. I am often misunderstood, ESPECIALLY by he who you responded to. I assure you the pack you propose would crumble under foot with the first joined step.

I have never ever bought a slab but if I was to do so, however painful it may be for me to say it, I would seek the advice of Donut and Vintage. So there is that. Of course I would probably end up filing a lawsuit against both of them.:banana:

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:

:popcorn:

lolI know. I am really starting to get confused about the whole thing....who's on first....:kidaround:

6 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Actually, I was backing you........and I don't collect comics, I just come here to learn about them and I do learn a lot.

If you read my response a little slower, and not in anger and with a sense of  satire, you may understand my position. It is OK. I am often misunderstood, ESPECIALLY by he who you responded to. I assure you the pack you propose would crumble under foot with the first joined step.

I have never ever bought a slab but if I was to do so, however painful it may be for me to say it, I would seek the advice of Donut and Vintage. So there is that. Of course I would probably end up filing a lawsuit against both of them.:banana:

hm Upon a further re-reading I see I was a tad to hasty in my smart azz response to you.  

Apologies.  :foryou:

-J.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

hm Upon a further re-reading I see I was a tad to hasty in my smart azz response to you.  

Apologies.  :foryou:

-J.

None needed at all. (thumbsu

I realized you had just read a bit to fast. If I thought you were being serious, I would have sued your azz.

:jokealert: (just in case).

5 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

No, no... I just LOVE a good train wreck :popcorn:

:banana: Car slams into train. Train disintegrates... who woulda thunk?

If CBGS or any other company were in bankruptcy proceedings, wouldn't there be a public record? If bankrupt, wouldn't there be an asset auction, open to the public? For some reason, I can't find any evidence of them seeking or being granted protection from the bankruptcy courts.

Has jb ever produced any evidence for his bizarre attacks on the company?

Edited by shadroch

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

If CBGS or any other company were in bankruptcy proceedings, wouldn't there be a public record? If bankrupt, wouldn't there be an asset auction, open to the public?

Has jb ever produced any evidence for his bizarre attacks on the company?

Yes, there is no way to keep a bankruptcy filing private.