• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

Is it ethical for a re-seller of slabs to have an undisclosed financial stake in a company that slabs books?

I would hope not but maybe I am being naive in thinking that this type of practice would be frowned upon.

Edited by pjray55
Spelling

1 hour ago, pjray55 said:

Is it ethical for a re-seller of slabs to have an undisclosed financial stake in a company that slabs books?

I would hope not but maybe I am being naive in thinking that this type of practice would be frowned upon.

It is fine.

What do you mean?  Like Heritage or something?  

You mean like Heritage auctioning comics slabbed by CGC, the company their parent company owns?

If I recall correctly there were a few established dealers that were given early access to Voldemort grading.

1 minute ago, namisgr said:

You mean like Heritage auctioning comics slabbed by CGC, the company their parent company owns?

I wasn’t aware Heritage and CGC shared parent companies.  I personally don’t think a retailer should have a stake in a grading company that they have books graded through.  

What would prevent them from getting preferential treatment and getting a grade bump anytime there is a marginal grade? To use a common reference - isn’t that why Consumer Reports doesn’t accept paid advertisements?

I wasn’t aware Heritage and CGC shared parent companies.  I personally don’t think a retailer should have a stake in a grading company that they have books graded through.  

What would prevent them from getting preferential treatment and getting a grade bump anytime there is a marginal grade? To use a common reference - isn’t that why Consumer Reports doesn’t accept paid advertisements?

Lots of funny money in funny books

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Sounds like they had some time of arrangement going or perhaps Metro invested in Voldemort in some capacity.... I dunno.

I would imagine that if this is some type of breakup between the two that they are fighting for custody rights over Greggy

Metro might want primary custody while Voldemort gets Greggy for weekends and the summer. 

The dispute is over $15k...  That’s way over greggy’s fair market value.

3 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Voldy was sold and is moving to Texas (where Beckett is) from what I understand 

I may or may not have heard the same :whistle: which makes this part "Enter a preliminary injunction preventing Defendants’ from further disposing of CBCS’s assets, including those comprising of the Asset Sale and enjoining Defendants from relocating CBCS’s comic book grading and certification business outside the state of Florida." even more interesting.

3 hours ago, xomic said:

Maybe Metro owned a share of the company 

"....breached the Agreement by failing to perform various obligations under the Agreement and by wrongfully terminating the Agreement." Doesn't sound to me like ownership would be the case here. Sounds like Metro were owed services under this "Preferred Vendor Agreement" and Voldy has terminated that agreement and somehow left Metro holding the bag.

Edited by Martin Sinescu

6 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I didn't know about the move. I wonder how that will affect the current employees.

Danny D is packing his razor blades and paint for the move to Texas?

I just went over to Harry Potter Land's forum to see if there was more info and looks like they already locked a thread on it "recommending that no new threads on this topic appear"

15 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

I just went over to Harry Potter Land's forum to see if there was more info and looks like they already locked a thread on it "recommending that no new threads on this topic appear"

Censorshipat Hogwarts....terrible