• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

But do you have proof? Otherwise you are just sitting here trashing a company for god knows what reason. But I am sure you bashed Steve when he was here as well.

Do I have a bankruptcy petition that I can link you to ? Of course not. Nor would I if the proceedings have been sealed.  

But....this has all of the hallmarks- and I mean all of them- of a bankruptcy including but not limited to what has been alleged in Metros lawsuit.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

4 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Don't worry, you have been corrected.

The complaint on its face describes a classic fraudulent transfer scenario (not that I am suggesting this is what happened): Company A owes Company B money for whatever reason.  Company A doesn't want to pay. Company A sells all of its assets to Company C and tells Company B to "go pound salt, get your judgment, we don't own anything." Company B files an action seeking to set aside the sale as it was done, not for a legitimate business purpose, but for the purpose of defrauding (putative) creditors.     

2 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

The cost of cream filling has nothing to do with solvency.

Oh, it most certainly does.

https://kotaku.com/5875119/we-fear-a-world-without-twinkies-as-hostess-files-bankruptcy-again

1 minute ago, seanfingh said:

The complaint on its face describes a classic fraudulent transfer scenario (not that I am suggesting this is what happened): Company A owes Company B money for whatever reason.  Company A doesn't want to pay. Company A sells all of its assets to Company C and tells Company B to "go pound salt, get your judgment, we don't own anything." Company B files an action seeking to set aside the sale as it was done, not for a legitimate business purpose, but for the purpose of defrauding (putative) creditors.     

I smell a winner!

5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

JDog is still a pimply-faced n00b compared to when Steve was here.

You know I didn't care for him here. But a few years ago we got to talking at a few conventions and I have since taken a liking to him. Weird how things work.

4 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

This sounds a wee bit more reasonable.

4 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
7 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

The cost of cream filling has nothing to do with solvency.

Oh, it most certainly does.

https://kotaku.com/5875119/we-fear-a-world-without-twinkies-as-hostess-files-bankruptcy-again

I don't want to live in a world without Twinkies.

1 minute ago, namisgr said:
3 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Maybe they'll be acquired by Beckett.  

Well, you can get the Twinkees sports cards graded, isn't grading Twinkees the next natural step from there?

23 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Not to derail the thread, but most of the CBCS subscribers tend to submit books to keep, or at least they did when I was involved with CBCS. 

Could be.  The hardcore sellers (dealers) may be sticking with CGC for the price certainty whereas the collectors have an easier time hopping over to the other guy.