• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Has jb ever produced any evidence for his bizarre attacks on the company?

I don't know who jb is (John Byrne?) but this reminds me of a post years ago that still stands the test of time-

"Don't let facts get in the way of a good post!"

3 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
20 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I don't know who jb is (John Byrne?) but this reminds me of a post years ago that still stands the test of time-

Justin Bieber? (shrug)

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:
5 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
21 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Justin Bieber? (shrug)

Based on the evidence you have provided I would have to agree.

16 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Yes, there is no way to keep a bankruptcy filing private.  

Actually, corporate bankruptcies can be sealed.  

https://business-finance-restructuring.weil.com/professionals/can-you-keep-a-secret-can-the-bankruptcy-court-bankruptcy-courts-must-adequately-demonstrate-the-basis-for-sealing-proceedings-from-the-public-media/

-J.

5 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
7 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
11 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
28 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Justin Bieber? (shrug)

Based on the evidence you have provided I would have to agree.

Image result for justin bieber comic book larry

8 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Anyone want to tell this uhh individual who obviously has no idea what's going on, what I do for a living?

Individual documents in a bankruptcy action can be sealed, sure.  I didn't say that.  I said that the fact that a company is filing for bankruptcy protection (or moving into liquidation) CANNOT.  Your googled link does not disprove it, and hilariously even weakens your argument because that specific case sent back and UNSEALED the hearing because the court felt the public should have had the opportunity to challenge the sealing of the estimation hearing, and asked the court to consider any reasonable alternative to NOT seal it...

Edited by jaybuck43

3 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

Anyone want to tell this uhh individual who obviously has no idea what's going on, what I do for a living?

That's never been an impediment to some folks insisting on opening their mouths and inserting a foot.  Or two.

Edited by namisgr

1 minute ago, jaybuck43 said:

Individual documents in a bankruptcy action can be sealed, sure.  I didn't say that.  I said that the fact that a company is filing for bankruptcy protection (or moving into liquidation) CANNOT.  Your googled link does not disprove it, and hilariously even weakens your argument because that specific case sent back and UNSEALED the hearing because the court felt the public should have had the opportunity to challenge the sealing of the estimation hearing, and asked the court to consider any reasonable alternative to NOT seal the it...

Oh okay so then people should just believe what "you" say rather than an unbiased business article that is completely on point. 

And I know you're probably heavily invested in trashy Voldy slabs as well but really is it any surprise to anyone that the company went bankrupt and got liquidated in an asset sale ?

I mean seriously, outrageous turn times, virtually no presence at cons, slabs that routinely sell for a significant discount to comparably graded CGC slabs, and a market share that struggled to get just beyond infinitesimal would certainly lead one to believe that bankruptcy was the inevitability.  

Which is why I never went bargain hunting to buy any of them.   

-J.

35 minutes ago, shadroch said:

If CBGS or any other company were in bankruptcy proceedings, wouldn't there be a public record? If bankrupt, wouldn't there be an asset auction, open to the public? For some reason, I can't find any evidence of them seeking or being granted protection from the bankruptcy courts.

He obviously has inside information that none of us are privy to :insane:

49 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Mergers and Acquisitions 101

An asset acquisition is the purchase of a company by buying its assets instead of its stock.

Lol Spare me guru.  

I'm still trying to figure out how I fell for believing that mergers and acuisitions comment was a link to an actual thread that supported anything you apparently believe.  

Silly me.  

-J.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:35 AM, 1Cool said:

Interesting experiment - Type in CGC into E-Bay search and get 125,672 available and then click on sold button and get 80,584 or 64.1% sold vs available.  The other guy gives you 14,725 available and 6,207 sold or a 42.1% sold to available ratio.  The sheer numbers can be much higher based on the length of time one company has been around compared to the other but the sold/available ratio should be fairly equal if both companies are equally desirable in the market.  They are not even close.

Not to derail the thread, but most of the CBCS subscribers tend to submit books to keep, or at least they did when I was involved with CBCS. 

4 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Lol Spare me guru.  

I'm still trying to figure out how I fell for believing that mergers and acuisitions comment was a link to an actual thread that supported anything you apparently believe.  

Silly me.  

-J.

At least I've got Heather Graham and Marisa Tomei on my side.

v1.bTsxMTI5MTQ1MztqOzE3NzcwOzEyMDA7MTE4N