• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

"Asset sale".

Who woulda think?

(Anybody paying attention actually)

https://www.inforuptcy.com/articles/363-bankruptcy-asset-sales-overview

-J.

Show me something, anything at all proving that they went bankrupt. Bankruptcy is huge, we both know damn well it would have been all over if true.  

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Show me something, anything at all proving that they went bankrupt. Bankruptcy is huge, we both know damn well it would have been all over if true.  

Not gonna happen.  He's too busy digging that hole.  Last stop China.

13 hours ago, shadroch said:

I've been stocking up at great prices. I don't think the market is very balanced right now and I think these books are selling at too large a discount. Just one mans opinion.

Beckett-company grade is going to equal CGC grade far more often than the Pretend-Grading-eXperts.  Beckett-company books at a significant discount over CGC are ridiculously easy wins.

9 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Thank god we have Jaydogrules here to set us all straight.  I don't know what we would do without him.

Yea,  it would be like not having that one drunk uncle at the family BBQ that everyone hates, but invites because they feel sorry for him.

Nah, Vince was a super knowledgeable collector focused on the bronze age, and he'd mostly attack posters in pot shots.

Edited by namisgr

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:

I can't. Obviously.   Especially if it has been sealed at least for now (it may very well become unsealed later as jaybuck so adroitly pointed out). Just follow the bread crumbs though.  The company was already publicly struggling.  Then out of the blue Beckett decides to step in and purchase outright a company that is struggling?  Really?   Sure.   And Voldy still struggling now with Beckett taking things over.  The substance of the lawsuit as I read it is that Beckett is trying to weasel out of a prior existing contract that was with Voldy.  The lawsuit even hints at potential back room deals being made during the bankruptcy liquidation that they were kept out of the loop from.  The lawsuit also refers to more than one bankruptcy buzzwords like "asset sale" and "insolvency".   Sure you can sit back and hope, despite all publicly available evidence to the contrary that we do have that this was a normal business sale.  

When clearly, it was not.   

-J.

Just now, The Resurrection said:
1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

I just spent $4 on a whoopie pie.

Was it good?

Coulda been better but I have no regrets.

1 minute ago, jaybuck43 said:
2 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I just spent $4 on a whoopie pie.

Why was it so much?

You throw the word "craft" in front of something and the price doubles.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

I can't. Obviously.   Especially if it has been sealed at least for now (it may very well become unsealed later as jaybuck so adroitly pointed out). Just follow the bread crumbs though.  The company was already publicly struggling.  Then out of the blue Beckett decides to step in and purchase outright a company that is struggling?  Really?   Sure.   And Voldy still struggling now with Beckett taking things over.  The substance of the lawsuit as I read it is that Beckett is trying to weasel out of a prior existing contract that was with Voldy.  The lawsuit even hints at potential back room deals being made during the bankruptcy liquidation that they were kept out of the loop from.  The lawsuit also refers to more than one bankruptcy buzzwords like "asset sale" and "insolvency".   Sure you can sit back and hope, despite all publicly available evidence to the contrary that we do have that this was a normal business sale.  

When clearly, it was not.   

-J.

But do you have proof? Otherwise you are just sitting here trashing a company for god knows what reason. But I am sure you bashed Steve when he was here as well.

6 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Buying an entity's assets, in and of itself, proves nothing about the underlying solvency of the entity itself. 

The filing of a creditor's bill, receivership or bankruptcy does.

Solvent companies have all or substantially all of the constituent assets purchased by outside interests all the time.

Many states, however, have bulk sales laws that require companies to notify creditors and state agencies before any bulk transfer can be effectuated

I pass no judgment on the solvency of Voldy as I have no idea, but lest anyone be confused, the type of sale (stock vs. assets) has nothing to do with solvency.

Don't worry, you have been corrected.

1 minute ago, The Resurrection said:

But do you have proof? Otherwise you are just sitting here trashing a company for god knows what reason. But I am sure you bashed Steve when he was here as well.

JDog is still a pimply-faced n00b compared to when Steve was here.