• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

Just now, shadroch said:

I'm still trying to figure out why the worlds best comic dealer is worried about a third rate failed company?

And getting books graded by them. Seems like a recipe for disaster? ORRRR maybe that is not true and they just sold the company to beckett

41 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Coulda been better but I have no regrets.

Any Regrets have to be cleared thru The Thing.:rulez:

7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

What do you think the CGC monthly numbers are? hm

Do you have a way of getting rid of the "CGC it" sales?  I found 80,000 over the last 3 months (I think that is how far E-Bay searches go) so I'll say 17,000 legit sales assuming 1/3 are key word spammers.  About 10 times the other guys.

Edited by 1Cool

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Do you have a way of getting rid of the "CGC it" sales?  I found 80,000 over the last 3 months (I think that is how far E-Bay searches go) so I'll say 17,000 legit sales assuming 1/3 are key word spammers.  About 10 times the other guys.

I remove "CGC it", "CGC worthy", "CGC ready" and "CGC able".  Since I don't download those, I don't know what the percent of spammers would be.

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

I remove "CGC it", "CGC worthy", "CGC ready" and "CGC able".  Since I don't download those, I don't know what the percent of spammers would be.

What does the chart look like with the CGC data?

Just now, 1Cool said:

What does the chart look like with the CGC data?

CGC had 95% of sales and PGX had 5% at the beginning of the chart.  Most recently it's CGC 91%, PGX 2%, other-guys 7%. Both CGC and PGX have been around for 15+ years.

14 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I would think your number is reasonable.

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

CGC had 95% of sales and PGX had 5% at the beginning of the chart.  Most recently it's CGC 91%, PGX 2%, other-guys 7%. Both CGC and PGX have been around for 15+ years.

So the other guys are slowly taking away a portion of the market. To think within the next few years with Beckett they could be at 20% + isn't reasonable?

Edited by The Resurrection

Looks like they captured about 10% of CGCs market. Not great, but not terrible for a startup.  How long did it take for upstarts to capture 10% of IBMs market?

Any idea how the numbers compare to CGC after two years? That's not a fair comparison as CGC was the whole market at the time but I'd like to see numbers compared.

11 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Interesting.  I'd think CGC would be happy with maintaining 91% of the market after having a competitor in the market for 4 years.  Not sure how Beckett will effect the market but I guess it will hinge on how much money they throw at marketing.

9 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Looks like they captured about 10% of CGCs market. Not great, but not terrible for a startup.  How long did it take for upstarts to capture 10% of IBMs market?

Any idea how the numbers compare to CGC after two years? That's not a fair comparison as CGC was the whole market at the time but I'd like to see numbers compared.

They took 4% from CGC and 3% from PGX.  After 4 years I'd think most start up competitors would want to grab more of the pie but I don't have any data to support what is expected.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Well at least you admit what you think you are in your username. Lol 

An ironic statement coming from someone whose username appears to have been chosen by a grandiose 12 year old.

You evidently are reading the numbers differently. PGX did not lose 3% of their sales. They lost well over 50%. In a three way market, stealing 50% of your closest competitors market is nothing to laugh at. CGC had 95% of the market. Now its 91. If that continues a few more years, it will be troublesome. If I were CGC, I'd have simply bought Steve out with a nice pension rather than let him walk and start a competitor. 

7 minutes ago, shadroch said:

You evidently are reading the numbers differently. PGX did not lose 3% of their sales. They lost well over 50%. In a three way market, stealing 50% of your closest competitors market is nothing to laugh at. CGC had 95% of the market. Now its 91. If that continues a few more years, it will be troublesome. If I were CGC, I'd have simply bought Steve out with a nice pension rather than let him walk and start a competitor. 

I imagine from now on all new CGC employees will be expected to sign some sort of non-compete (if they're not already).