• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your beater Holy Grail !

672 posts in this topic

A couple of low-graders that were two of my grails. The Wonderworld is just a fabulous Fine cover - the detail is outrageous. For all of his super-hero covers, this is one that I have always thought to be one of his best. On the Exciting, other the Gerber no-show, it is just a great Schomburg cover. Both present well for the low grades.

wonderworld4.jpg

exciting28.jpg

Two absolute winners :applause:

Definitely a beatable copy, but still a fun cover! (thumbs u

My ears are burning! :roflmao:

Appropriately enough, I actually have owned a few .5 GA slabs over the years, though in each case I cracked them once I received. Sometimes a slabbed .5 or 1.0 book will finish much cheaper than its raw counterpart...I guess if you're overly concerned about the numbers on your slabs, those are numbers you don't want to see. But not me...I'd take that Marvel Mystery #3 all day long. :applause:

Here's my beater grail... pretty good eye appeal for a point-fiver :)

3296526310_035112fd9f_b.jpg

GE

I own one myself NBC!!

My favorite cover of the Golden Age!!

(worship):applause: :applause: :applause:

Here's my beater grail... pretty good eye appeal for a point-fiver :)

3296526310_035112fd9f_b.jpg

GE

I own one myself NBC!!

My favorite cover of the Golden Age!!

(worship):applause: :applause: :applause:

!@#$%^

Somebody else got your Kooba Cola!

Jack

Just got this one in. I have always wanted a copy and knew high grade was unrealistic (heck for that matter mid-grade was out of the question). It is in my top five of classic Schomburg covers.

terrificcomics5cgc20cr-owfront-1.jpg

That really is a great cover! Congrads!

Just got this one in. I have always wanted a copy and knew high grade was unrealistic (heck for that matter mid-grade was out of the question). It is in my top five of classic Schomburg covers.

terrificcomics5cgc20cr-owfront-1.jpg

Beauty eye appeal on that puppy!! Great pick up.