• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 12:18 PM, Bosco685 said:

Agree or not, the MCU gets a clear pass from initial screenings due to early successes. To include the Disney + shows getting strong positive responses no matter how good they are.

So like a parent coaches a child about life's lessons, "You get what you get and you don't get upset!" If you give a studio easy street results, they don't learn from necessary feedback.

Woah wait, even Falcon and WS got a good response from people? Even after people watched the whole show?

On 5/6/2022 at 1:08 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I did feel like some of the performances were a bit stilted in this one, and I don't know what to attribute that to. 

I'd attribute one of those stilted performances to rigor mortis.

On 5/6/2022 at 2:27 PM, William-James88 said:

Woah wait, even Falcon and WS got a good response from people? Even after people watched the whole show?

Are you kidding? Fans got so worked up over the show, when Wyatt Russell was revealed as the new Captain America (temporarily) they went on an Instagram attack due to his villainy.

But like WandaVision, a weaker ending led to disappointment.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:02 AM, MV said:

Do I post my thoughts here or in spoiler thread!? Just my comments on whether I liked it

Hide contents

I saw it last night (my time zone) and found it very underwhelming - probably around Black Widow quality as someone mentioned earlier

That is just my opinion though!

I wouldn't say it was underwhelming and it was nowhere near as bad as BW with that awful Taskmaster reveal. I think it lived up to hype; it's just a different genre than Marvel does (horror). 

On 5/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, paperheart said:

A- i would bet; that's equivalent to C+ in the real world

Opening week audiences rated it like a horror film

FSIPlTeWYAE9GII.thumb.jpeg.73dab2feb76430906be591f64c1af123.jpeg

Low by MCU standards.

bw_Cinema.jpg.f43a8519909e340939b35d8e3c4384e3.jpg

But common in that genre.

FJHsdMwXIAI-b1Q.thumb.jpeg.bf3067eb35bd045306308381b3cb2a36.jpeg

ED1lhHKXoAAVs6L.jpeg.d023a1585c0ac8e47f4b851ea14e3a8c.jpeg

Edited by Bosco685

On 5/7/2022 at 3:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

Opening week audiences rated it like a horror film

FSIPlTeWYAE9GII.thumb.jpeg.73dab2feb76430906be591f64c1af123.jpeg

Low by MCU standards.

bw_Cinema.jpg.f43a8519909e340939b35d8e3c4384e3.jpg

But common in that genre.

FJHsdMwXIAI-b1Q.thumb.jpeg.bf3067eb35bd045306308381b3cb2a36.jpeg

ED1lhHKXoAAVs6L.jpeg.d023a1585c0ac8e47f4b851ea14e3a8c.jpeg

Black Widow had a higher cinemascore! :whatthe:

Saw it last night.  I thought it sucked.  A couple cool (comics & Evil Dead) fanboy moments but, other than that, just stupidity.  Barely better than SC & Eternals.  Waste of an evening and I will not be watching that one again.  Not really interested in watching more Marvel movies at this point unless they are Spidey movies.  

On 5/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, media_junkie said:

But shouldn't they have used their magic on this one?

This is the horror influence Kevin Feige originally was not completely onboard with, leading to Scott Derrickson departing the film. So this may be outside the norm for Disney magic since its more hardcore stories came from Touchstone (The Prestige, Gangs of New York, The Village) and Miramax (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, There Will Be Blood).

we enjoyed it but it does have problems and the girl who played America was not good, thought she gave a very wooden performance 

On 5/7/2022 at 12:05 PM, Bosco685 said:

This is the horror influence Kevin Feige originally was not completely onboard with, leading to Scott Derrickson departing the film. So this may be outside the norm for Disney magic since its more hardcore stories came from Touchstone (The Prestige, Gangs of New York, The Village) and Miramax (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, There Will Be Blood).

How can you leave out that Miramax made The Crow?

Just messing with you. Since I turned 40, it's a good day if I remember my name.