• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 4:19 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

A film with Doctor Strange & Wanda opening to 450M+ globally without China, Russia and other countries...is a win.

vqMPslN.png

$449.4M if we were focused on facts. I recognize that's a stretch for you.

Edited by Bosco685

A great review on IMDB.   It looks honest, as its lowest score is on logic, pacing, and dialogue.

A Journey Through The Multiverse
Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness - 2022 - Directed by Sami Raimi - Starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Xochitl Gomez - This is my personal, detailed rating of the movie based on multiple key aspects that I believe define what makes a movie good or bad. I watched the movie in cinemas (Laser Ultra) with a few friends and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I think it's also fair to say that I'm a Marvel fan, as well as a superhero movie fan in general. Enjoy the review!

Story Aspects:
  • Entertainment: 7,5/10
  • Story: 8/10
  • Execution: 7/10
Three Act Structure:
  • First act: 7,5/10
  • Second act: 9/10
  • Third act: 6,5/10
Characters:
  • Casting: 9/10
  • Acting: 7,5/10
  • Dialogue: 6/10
  • Emotional attachment: 7/10
  • Protagonist: 8/10
  • Antagonist: 9/10
  • Tertiaries & Extras: 7,5/10
Environment & Vibe:
  • Action: 7/10
  • Humor: 6,5/10
  • Horror: 7/10
  • Creativity/Risk: 9/10
  • Pacing: 6/10
  • Logic: 5/10
  • Atmosphere: 8/10
Filmography:
  • Score: 7,5/10
  • Editing: 8/10
  • Cinematography: 8/10
  • Direction: 8/10
  • Costume design: 9/10
Notes:
  • General runtime too short for a story this large
  • The world building capable due to the Multiverse concept isn't used to its full potential.

TOTAL RATING: 7,5/10.

On 5/9/2022 at 4:13 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

So Dr. Strange is in the top 10 of biggest openers ever?  Unreal...I guess the MCU is healthy afterall.

After the ups and downs of the first three Phase IV movies, it was Spider-Man: No Way Home that exploded it back to the top again. Doctor Strange 2 seems to have benefitted from Wanda and Doctor Strange continuing their journey after his 6th and her 9th (if you count all 9 WandaVision episodes as 1) appearances in the 28th MCU film under Sam Raimi's directorship sure did help drive audience excitement.

Or do we pretend Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange are still new characters, with no audience awareness or emotional history?

On 5/9/2022 at 10:22 PM, Microchip said:

A great review on IMDB.   It looks honest, as its lowest score is on logic, pacing, and dialogue.

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness - 2022 - Directed by Sami Raimi - Starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Xochitl Gomez - This is my personal, detailed rating of the movie based on multiple key aspects that I believe define what makes a movie good or bad. I watched the movie in cinemas (Laser Ultra) with a few friends and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I think it's also fair to say that I'm a Marvel fan, as well as a superhero movie fan in general. Enjoy the review!

Story Aspects:
Three Act Structure:
Characters:
Environment & Vibe:
Filmography:
Notes:
  • The world building capable due to the Multiverse concept isn't used to its full potential.

The Horror rating is too low and the Humor rating is much too high. Fairly based, though.

I realize that there are lots of Sam Raimi fans out there, and more power to 'em.

But today I was reminded that he is the guy who directed Darkman, one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.  And now I understand better why there were elements of this movie that were so jarring for me, because they were basically ripped right out of Darkman.

Since this was a hot topic (and speculation these) for the longest time... 

On the heels of the film's record-breaking opening, writer Michael Waldron caught up with Variety to discuss Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. When asked whether the frequently theorized Mephisto was in play for the film, Waldron confirmed that the iconic villain was never seriously considered, only "in jokes" at the Marvel Studios offices. See what Waldron said below:

"No. Only in jokes. Only in bits I did in the writers room and in text messages I sent to ['WandaVision' head writer] Jac Schaeffer. Mephisto was never in play for us."

On 5/9/2022 at 8:22 PM, Microchip said:

Story Aspects:
Three Act Structure:
Characters:
Environment & Vibe:
Filmography:
Notes:

agree with this review.