• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2022 at 5:20 PM, MattTheDuck said:

It's true.  I quit flipping people off/honking, etc while driving around years ago.  The people still doing stuff like that apparently don't realize that pulling out a gun to resolve even the most minor disagreement is considered to be perfectly acceptable to many these days.

Was gonna say the same....gotta almost keep my blinders on while driving today.  Just trying to get home, lol.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:20 PM, MattTheDuck said:

It's true.  I quit flipping people off/honking, etc while driving around years ago.  The people still doing stuff like that apparently don't realize that pulling out a gun to resolve even the most minor disagreement is considered to be perfectly acceptable to many these days.

Agreed.  Too many psychos these days

On 2/18/2022 at 5:20 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I've seen this type behavior too often. Things can escalate quickly. When someone drives like that, just remind yourself that they are over compensating for a tiny :censored:.

Edited by D84

On 2/19/2022 at 10:56 AM, Gaard said:

I've never had a gun pulled on me, but I've been driven completely off the side of the highway twice in the last decade ... at full speed!

Never had that happen nor seen it happen to anyone.  Why did they run you off?  Was there some sort of shared hostility with the people who did it?

On 2/19/2022 at 11:52 AM, fantastic_four said:

Never had that happen nor seen it happen to anyone.  Why did they run you off?  Was there some sort of shared hostility with the people who did it?

To be honest, I think the first time was an accident . It was an old man and his wife. It wouldn't have resulted in the way it did, except for the fact that I had no place to go.

The second time, the kid was just a Richard who must've thought that he needed to teach me lesson for driving the speed limit. I learned. Now, I'm one of those people who will only drive the highway if there's no other way ... I don't care how much time it adds.

I don't recall competing with or sharing hostility with anyone on the road.  I speed, but not competitively, and my mind is almost always somewhere else listening to podcasts.

The funniest moment I've had is someone in a sports car was weaving and bobbing through cars on a 2-lane highway where the speed limit was 65 at somewhere near 100.  They had a personalized license that read PWNED, which told me they were a HIGHLY competitive driver.  About five minutes after they blew past me I saw them pulled over on the side of the road by a cop, so the obvious thought occurred immediately to me--yep, you just got pwned.  lol

On 2/19/2022 at 7:34 AM, jimjum12 said:

MEME RED LIGHT.jpg

I've toyed with these dolts.  The lights are timed so I roll up slowly beside em time after time as they keep speeding.  ya gotta feel stupid when that happens.
"Hi!"

Patrick Stewart is attempting the Andrew Garfield "What me worry?" line

The Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness trailer sent Marvel fans into a frenzy when it debuted. In particular, X-Men fans were abuzz over the scene that seemingly included the voice of Patrick Stewart returning in this role as Professor X from the X-Men movies. Stewart currently stars in Star Trek: Picard on Paramount+. While discussing the second season of his return as Jean-Luc Picard with ComicBook.com, he also commented on the apparent use of his voice in the Doctor Strange trailer. According to Stewart, that's all that it was, someone else using his voice, which he's experienced over the entirety of his storied career. 

"You know, people have been imitating my voice ever since I came on the stage 60 years ago," Stewart said of the trailer. "So, I can't be held responsible for that."

Was that someone imitating Stewart's voice in the Doctor Strange trailer? Or is this an evolution of the Andrew Garfield press playbook? That strategy saw The Amazing Spider-Man actor pointedly denying his involvement in Spider-Man: No Way Home until the movie opened.

On 2/19/2022 at 3:28 PM, kav said:

I've toyed with these dolts.  The lights are timed so I roll up slowly beside em time after time as they keep speeding.  ya gotta feel stupid when that happens.
"Hi!"

love-skunk.gif.c41742c7707046841c912bd08e8a4750.gif

On 2/19/2022 at 11:51 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Ten years ago I had a retired cop point a gun at my face. :yeehaw:

When I was stationed at Fort Benning, Georgia going through the Infantry Officer Course my wife picked me up at the base late at night after I had been deployed for a week. Once we turned off the main highway, a police cruiser pulled up behind us and after a few miles turned his lights on. He tried to imply I had been speeding for miles from a DIFFERENT road than we travelled.

My wife is so small, he didn't see her in the dark sitting in the passenger seat. So when she leaned forward and said, "Officer, I've been with him and we did not take that road..." he was so surprised he pulled his pistol on us. I had to shout, "WHOA - CALM DOWN! We're just trying to explain you confused us with someone else."

He told us there must have been a mistake as he is use to getting in a fight with people in uniform, and left. Meanwhile, we came close to being shot on a dark road around midnight with nobody else around to see it.

doh!

On 2/20/2022 at 7:48 AM, TupennyConan said:

He just confirmed it. 

Patrick Stewart "I don't look at a lot of Social Media"

Says the guy that has been ALL OVER social media and publishing his own social media content with a strong presence for years now. lol 

His posts with Ian are legendary.