• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2022 at 9:40 AM, Buzzetta said:

There is a factor that Strange has over Batman.  The first trailer was released as an end credits scene to Spiderman.  Marvel just basically told the spiderman audience that the continuation of this story (Spider-Man) is in Dr Strange.  

I don’t think they ever did that before where the tag at the end was the actual trailer for the next… not a scene like winter soldier but a trailer 

They're also pretty tightly linked together in their story, aren't they?  Seems like what Strange did in No Way Home either relates to or possibly causes the events in Multiverse of Madness.  It's almost like MoM is a sequel, or a part 2 to No Way Home, although one that if you're only a Spider-Man fan you can skip if the multiverse story doesn't appeal to you.

I had expected that the timeline breaking in Loki was going to be responsible for all the "moments" we got where things changed...the venom scene, the messed up spell in NWH, the fractured mutliverse, Wanda hearing her children...all the exact same moment when Loki/Sylvie/Kangy guy went past the point of no return. Then we see the ripples throughout the other movies, and it happens at in-opportune moments in things like NWH. Guess I was wrong, seeing too much big picture where none exists. (shrug)

On 2/16/2022 at 9:59 AM, Bird said:

I had expected that the timeline breaking in Loki was going to be responsible for all the "moments" we got where things changed...the venom scene, the messed up spell in NWH, the fractured mutliverse, Wanda hearing her children...all the exact same moment when Loki/Sylvie/Kangy guy went past the point of no return. Then we see the ripples throughout the other movies, and it happens at in-opportune moments in things like NWH. Guess I was wrong, seeing too much big picture where none exists. (shrug)

I think many assumed this was the linkage being developed.

Although I had a great time with what we experienced in No Way Home, I just expected with this massively connected franchise it was coming. And maybe it will, knowing the MCU likes to flesh these events out over time.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

I think many assumed this was the linkage being developed.

Although I had a great time with what we experienced in No Way Home, I just expected with this massively connected franchise it was coming. And maybe it will, knowing the MCU likes to flesh these events out over time.

I thought in the NWH trailer Doc was casting the forgetting spell and then said "wait, what just happened" or something like that, and it was the death of He Who Remains and the timeline splitting. But I think maybe the scene didn't actually have that in the movie?

On 2/16/2022 at 10:16 AM, Bird said:

I thought in the NWH trailer Doc was casting the forgetting spell and then said "wait, what just happened" or something like that, and it was the death of He Who Remains and the timeline splitting. But I think maybe the scene didn't actually have that in the movie?

I think that Peter tampering with the spell is irrelevant to HWR's death with the exception that the reality thereafter would have been pruned if he was still alive at the end of time.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:28 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think that Peter tampering with the spell is irrelevant to HWR's death with the exception that the reality thereafter would have been pruned if he was still alive at the end of time.

My guess was that they thought it was Peter but that it really wasn't...that was what the early trailer implied. I was wrong or they edited it differently (how does Doc's spell react to Peter anyway?), rather than it being impatient/impulsive Doc casting spells before he knows what he wants or Peter messing it up it was a large cosmic event.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:55 AM, fantastic_four said:

They're also pretty tightly linked together in their story, aren't they?  Seems like what Strange did in No Way Home either relates to or possibly causes the events in Multiverse of Madness.  It's almost like MoM is a sequel, or a part 2 to No Way Home, although one that if you're only a Spider-Man fan you can skip if the multiverse story doesn't appeal to you.

Also Shangchi ended with them teleporting away with Wong.  

On 2/16/2022 at 10:32 AM, Bird said:

My guess was that they thought it was Peter but that it really wasn't...that was what the early trailer implied. I was wrong or they edited it differently (how does Doc's spell react to Peter anyway?), rather than it being impatient/impulsive Doc casting spells before he knows what he wants or Peter messing it up it was a large cosmic event.

He was in the spell circle. IDK, it's magic. lol

I think that you must remember that we're talking about events occurring from the perception at the end of time. After HWR dies, the events don't occur for any rhyme or reason other than that the TVA no longer takes commands from HWR to prune timelines that deviate into Kang's birth.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:17 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Let's say that I project MoM to make $1.2 million; Do you think that is too high, or $600 million would be too low for The Batman?

600 mil is too low for WW grosses for The Batman. I'm sure Doctor Strange will be a huge success, but I'm getting sick of every Marvel movie and show.being about finding easter eggs and playing guessing games about who will be in it. I know lots of fans love that stuff, but I'm a little burned out. Just give us some good stories please.

On 2/16/2022 at 11:59 PM, Larryw7 said:

600 mil is too low for WW grosses for The Batman. I'm sure Doctor Strange will be a huge success, but I'm getting sick of every Marvel movie and show.being about finding easter eggs and playing guessing games about who will be in it. I know lots of fans love that stuff, but I'm a little burned out. Just give us some good stories please.

Do they know how to do that anymore?

Its funny that I don't look for "easter eggs" or play games with myself when I watch a trailer, especially with Dr Strange because I know very little

I knew Wanda Vision was to set her up for a movie, here it is.

I see multiverse in the title, so I assume Kang will be involved somehow 

End of story for me. Evil Dr Strange? Of course

Tentacled monsters? Cool

People hyping things are people who have a serious problem, most times insisting on instant gratification, which has made most forms of media unbearable of late.

I won't be betting on seeing this May 06, but I will probably go to the theater

On 2/17/2022 at 12:59 AM, Larryw7 said:

IDK, that's always been part of the fun with every trailer. Whether or not I'm right about the trailer(s) doesn't affect how good the movie is to me, though. The MoM teaser looked okay, but this trailer was pretty sick, and not necessarily because of Professor X or Superior Iron Man/Kang. The Illuminati will probably be pretty sweet if they are in this.

We're about to have our 6th Batman in 30 years. When it comes down to the CBM genre, I just don't think that is as interesting as a Doctor Strange sequel right now, and I think that the B.O. will show that. Not a prediction based on quality, rather it's just based on which one I think is more attractive to audiences right now.

After the massive success of Spider-Man: No Way Home which came from all those legacy character appears which to me was bigger and better than Avengers: Endgame, Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness has no path but up realizing it is taking the same path. Along with all that comes with a follow-up Doctor Strange story from Spidey 3 and tie-ins to Disney+ shows and previous MCU films.

I can't see this not being a massive hit with all that upside in its favor.

On 2/17/2022 at 8:58 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is that the official Marvel name for the TV spot? The armor outlines kinda look like Iron Man, but isn't that character clearly black? That's why the 8K shot changed my mind to Kang.

There's been a lot of talk...

Spoiler

it's actually a Maria Rambeau Captain Marvel from an alternate universe