• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2022 at 10:48 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 2/18/2022 at 10:39 AM, valiantman said:

I'm pretty sure there are no Ghettos in Arkansas. We barely have a downtown... anywhere.

That's because Arkansas is The Ghetto!

I'm pretty sure you've forgotten that a ghetto, by definition, is required to be a part of a city.  If there's no city, there's no ghetto, daCoppolaAsparagus.

On 2/18/2022 at 10:52 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Arkansas is now a city in the state of the USA.

Okeydokey.

Your username is fun, it can pretty much be anything... Cornola Apegrapus.

It reminds me of the thing you can do with the Dr. Strange actor's name.... Benevolent Counterpoint.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I really don't think that they have to.

I’m most movies I would agree.  I think that Marvel has too many superheroes to be honest.  It diminishes the special nature of superheroes in general when you have so many and they are common.  That’s the Valiant fan in me where superheroes were special because they really didn’t exist in any great number.

However given that this is the multiverse we are directly talking about, it would make sense to open the door wide open to have people popping in and out… it is “madness” after all. 

On 2/18/2022 at 9:38 AM, valiantman said:

The last time I went to the theater (No Way Home), the people around me arrived late, made tons of noise with wrappers, chatted amongst themselves during the movie, and left before the extra scenes in the credits.

Basically, all the things you would be justified in dropkicking people in your house for doing.  Except, you have to act like it's fine and "always superior to the home experience". :kidaround:

The only reason I'm quiet in public these days is because I just can't take a punch to the face anymore

On 2/18/2022 at 11:09 AM, The Meta said:
On 2/18/2022 at 10:38 AM, valiantman said:

The last time I went to the theater (No Way Home), the people around me arrived late, made tons of noise with wrappers, chatted amongst themselves during the movie, and left before the extra scenes in the credits.

Basically, all the things you would be justified in dropkicking people in your house for doing.  Except, you have to act like it's fine and "always superior to the home experience". :kidaround:

The only reason I'm quiet in public these days is because I just can't take a punch to the face anymore

Would you have been the chatter or the shutter-upper?

On 2/18/2022 at 10:23 AM, valiantman said:

Shutter upper for sure 

Its weird how I have this understanding of social etiquette but still manage to be a total jerk lol

On 2/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, The Meta said:
On 2/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, valiantman said:

Shutter upper for sure 

Its weird how I have this understanding of social etiquette but still manage to be a total jerk lol

Just checking, it sounded like you didn't want get punched for chatting... but it makes more sense that it would be a retaliation punch from chatterer, or lady chatterly's lover.

Edited by valiantman

On 2/18/2022 at 10:26 AM, valiantman said:

Just checking, it sounded like you didn't want get punched for chatting... but it makes more sense that it would be a retaliation punch from chatterer, or lady chatterly's lover.

Have had too many

The ignorant are truly rampant in terrible numbers

At our first viewing of "Independence Day," we went with some friends.  The people behind us decided it would be a good idea to bring a giant paper grocery bag of popcorn from home, which they proceeded to rattle in and out of, and pass around, the entire movie.  As we stood up to leave, my friend's wife asked if we liked the movie, and my friend said, "It would have been great," turned to the row behind us, and, raising his voice, "if someone hadn't been rattling their paper bag the entire movie."  Oh, how we laughed.

If they'd done that during "Shindler's List" there would have been real trouble.

On 2/18/2022 at 9:29 AM, MattTheDuck said:

At our first viewing of "Independence Day," we went with some friends.  The people behind us decided it would be a good idea to bring a giant paper grocery bag of popcorn from home, which they proceeded to rattle in and out of, and pass around, the entire movie.  As we stood up to leave, my friend's wife asked if we liked the movie, and my friend said, "It would have been great," turned to the row behind us, and, raising his voice, "if someone hadn't been rattling their paper bag the entire movie."  Oh, how we laughed.

If they'd done that during "Shindler's List" there would have been real trouble.

My dad once dumped popcorn on kids heads in front of us that wouldnt quiet down when he asked nicely.  Not a peep after that.

On 2/18/2022 at 11:29 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Gotta watch out these days...there's a trial on now with some folks in a very similar situation that went south FAST

On 2/18/2022 at 3:17 PM, Mystafo said:

Gotta watch out these days...there's a trial on now with some folks in a very similar situation that went south FAST

It's true.  I quit flipping people off/honking, etc while driving around years ago.  The people still doing stuff like that apparently don't realize that pulling out a gun to resolve even the most minor disagreement is considered to be perfectly acceptable to many these days.