• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2022 at 7:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yay. New character exposits about her PC family that no one cares about. :peace:

12 seconds getting your panties in a bunch?

On 4/26/2022 at 8:38 AM, Bird said:

12 seconds getting your panties in a bunch?

Passive-aggressive non-sequitur noted.

If it's anything like the SJW exposition within other movies, it will derail the flow of the scene it interrupts. Other than wasting 12 seconds of my time and 2 calories to roll my eyes into the back of my head, its irrelevance will have no impact on my life.

Very excited for this movie by the way.  I think this will draw me into a theater for the second time since 2019.  By the time I was able to see Batman I found out that it would be on HBO two weeks later.  

With Dr Strange I know there will be cameos and spoilers aplenty so I want to be on the surprise side of things and see it before everyone else. 

So... There are going to be 5 of Doctor Strange and 7 of Scarlet Witch?

I guess they're just fighting themselves in this? Not that such a detail is 'bad' or anything, but I was thinking that this would be wholly different from the fight bad character with the same powers as me kinda thing. Again, could still be good or better, but IDK.

It's been at the forefront of my MCU thoughts ever since the No Way Home trailer(s): Why does Doctor Strange have an Eye of Agamotto? This was not explained in NWH, and if this is ignored in Multiverse of Madness I may just be done with the MCU.

I very highly doubt that such an important detail will be ignored, but I just have some sort of sinking feeling about that. We find out in... 9 days!

On 4/26/2022 at 2:53 PM, Larryw7 said:

Where are reactions from early screenings? We usually hear them two or three weeks before the film is released.

Marvel is going full anti-spoiler with this film's release.  There are no early screenings until the premiere on May 2nd, and the review embargo doesn't lift until the next day on May 3rd.

It's more common for review embargoes to release so late due to the studio knowing a film sucks, but as noted Marvel has done this multiple times before.  And it checks out with what we know about this film--we have only limited ideas about who's in the film or even who the big bad is.  Is it Wanda?  Shuma-Gorath?  Mordo?  An alternate version of Strange himself?  (shrug)

On 4/27/2022 at 10:00 AM, Bird said:
On 4/27/2022 at 9:36 AM, fantastic_four said:

Shuma-Gorath?

they renamed him for this

There are multiple explanations for the Gargantos leaks, and some of them don't necessitate him being renamed.  Maybe they did rename him but we'll see.  (shrug)  Until we know for sure I'm calling him the name we all know him by.

On 4/27/2022 at 10:54 AM, fantastic_four said:

There are multiple explanations for the Gargantos leaks, and some of them don't necessitate him being renamed.  Maybe they did rename him but we'll see.  (shrug)  Until we know for sure I'm calling him the name we all know him by.

Mephisto_Leo.thumb.jpg.b4a83b2b43b06cb42628caf31624670a.jpg

More studios should make this a strict practice to do all they can to avoid spoilers.

Too many details get reported out. I wonder at times if it is due to studio staff being underpaid, so they monetize their inside knowledge to count what they should be paid?

On 4/27/2022 at 10:54 AM, fantastic_four said:

its all a leak, whatever you call him, so none if it is any more valid than the other I guess

I just think the explanation about Shuma Gorath being a Howard property and MCU not having rights seems likely.

Gargantos is a stupid name though