• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

She looked so bad that I didn't even recognize her as Clea. I literally had to Google to make sure. lol

At one point I thought the wigs were meant to look obvious as some sort of nod to how stupid comic movies are supposed to be?  Clea looked like mediocre cosplay at a regional one-day con of an anime character I've never heard of.  

On 7/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

She looked so bad that I didn't even recognize her as Clea. I literally had to Google to make sure. lol

Have you reevaluated your initial rating after reflecting on this or still feel it is the same?

The more I have reflected on this film and the mishandling of favorite characters and the story told, the less impressed I have become with this film.

On 7/7/2022 at 11:51 AM, Bosco685 said:

Have you reevaluated your initial rating after reflecting on this or still feel it is the same?

The more I have reflected on this film and the mishandling of favorite characters and the story told, the less impressed I have become with this film.

Not really. The Clea credit scene was already factored-in as a negative for me. It might honestly be the most seemingly out-of-place credit scene that I've seen from the MCU. It didn't feel natural to the movie whatsoever.

I keep talking about the negatives, but the positives are still there to balance how I think/feel of the movie. The highs are still very high, so no matter how often I go through the lows, I still remember the great things that Raimi did bring to DS2.

On 7/7/2022 at 11:58 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Not really. The Clea credit scene was already factored-in as a negative for me. It might honestly be the most seemingly out-of-place credit scene that I've seen from the MCU. It didn't feel natural to the movie whatsoever.

I keep talking about the negatives, but the positives are still there to balance how I think/feel of the movie. The highs are still very high, so no matter how often I go through the lows, I still remember the great things that Raimi did bring to DS2.

I hear you.

But if we reflect on the events of this film, it was not good. Even with how the Illuminati were just throwaway characters for spur of the moment fan satisfaction. Seeing Professor X just flop over dead like that was so silly.

And the destruction of Kamar-Taj - just so mind-numbingly silly. One sorcerer was the contributor of all defenses crashing down.

The highs being very high were limited for me in this film. Other than beloved characters appeared, and then were mishandled.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

But if we reflect on the events of this film, it was not good.

Obviously, that's a matter of opinion that will vary between each of us. When it comes to the good, the bad, and the ugly we're probably close to the same page.

Considering the late re-shoots and re-editing, should we #ReleaseTheRaimiCut ?

On 7/7/2022 at 12:26 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Obviously, that's a matter of opinion that will vary between each of us. When it comes to the good, the bad, and the ugly we're probably close to the same page.

Considering the late re-shoots and re-editing, should we #ReleaseTheRaimiCut ?

Marvel Studios would only do that if like Avengers: Endgame with Deleted Hulk Scene it could make them more money. Because you know I had to see that Hulk scene.

On 7/7/2022 at 10:28 AM, Beastfeast said:

At one point I thought the wigs were meant to look obvious as some sort of nod to how stupid comic movies are supposed to be?  Clea looked like mediocre cosplay at a regional one-day con of an anime character I've never heard of.  

Well at least they didn't put X in a wig. 

20220408_230932.jpg.53da5734da9240b1a7d9227ec34fd67a.jpg

On 7/7/2022 at 11:54 AM, Straw-Man said:

don't go all marvel-zombie finger-pointing at me boardies; like bosco, i also feel is has lost some shine with retrospection.   i just eyeroll some of the nitpicking.

I'm right there with you about the nitpicking (even my own) usually but this movie felt like a death-by-a-thousand-cuts situation where the small things add up and make me like it less and less.  It's like a choose your own adventure of complaints that all lead to this not being a very good movie.  I REALLY wanted it to be, though.  

Nothing in this movie left me feeling satisfied completely. Even with a movie like Civil War, at least you had the introduction of Black Panther, Spider-Man and Zemo. And that interaction between Zemo and T'Challa was such an emotional experience. Especially recognizing he had been replaying his dead wife's messages the entire time.

Edited by Bosco685

Despite this, Marvel Studios originally didn't want Wanda to be the villain of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. While the studio always knew that she would ultimately turn down a villainous path, they were saving her antagonistic debut for an Avengers film. But, as writer Michael Waldron revealed in the latest Assembled episode on Disney+, he was able to convince the company to scrap that and pit her against Doctor Strange instead. Read his full quote below:

"Making her a villain from the get go. It was always like, ‘Well that’ll happen in an Avengers movie or something.’ My perspective was, ‘Why are we letting some other movie get the best villain ever?’ "