• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2022 at 10:23 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Yes they did.  Both 45 days. 

-J.

Nope. The Batman was 45 days and Doctor Strange 2 was 47 days.

Doctor Strange 2: New Disney+ Streaming Date Breaks MCU Record

The official Disney+ Twitter account posted a video of the cast of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness celebrating the film. In the video, Elizabeth Olsen, who portrays the Scarlet Witch in the MCU, revealed that the sequel will be available to stream on June 22 on Disney+. June 22 is already a popular date on Disney+, as it will feature the season finale of the Star Wars series, Obi-Wan Kenobi, as well as Episode 3 of Ms. Marvel. 

This will mean that the movie will have a 47-day exclusive theatrical run, breaking the MCU record previously held by Eternals (68 days) for the shortest gap in time between a Marvel Studios movie's theatrical debut date and its streaming premiere. For comparison, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings premiered on the big screen in the United States on September 3, 2021, and then was released on Disney+ on November 12, 2021, making the gap between the two dates exactly 70 days.

On 6/25/2022 at 9:37 PM, Jaydogrules said:

It doesn't matter how many movies Dr. Strange was in, he was never an "A-lister" in the MCU until no way home and I have no doubt that it would have hit 1B had it gotten the same China release that Batman got and squandered.  

-J.

Franchise nostalgia does matter. Including how Doctor Strange was used in both the Infinity Saga as a one-in-14,000,605 predictor how to beat Thanos and an essential part of No Way Home leading to DS2. And with Wanda her major Saga contributions leading to defeating Thanos and loss of Vision spilling over to WandaVision.

There's a reason people post on here, "Well I like what the MCU did previously so I'll being seeing this one." Though you force-dismiss such MCU movie and show buildup. Along with China's resurgence of COVID. 

I finally watched DS 2 last night and I kept falling asleep.  It was so confusing and just felt flat and the typical marvel funny was off.  The visuals were kind of cool but overall it wasn’t a good movie and I’d give it a C.

I wasn't overly impressed with it, maybe it didn't help watching it after a belly full of beer early afternoon but beyond it being a vehicle to open up the multiverse in the MCU it failed to deliver. Always good to see Hayley Atwell make an appearance but I was expecting more really.

Finally watched this. I felt that there was three parts on this film. First the opening which felt like a normal Marvel movie, second the Illuminati part which was kinda bad and third part was that horror Raimi stuff. The horror part was great and Raimi really seemed to like what he was doing. That third part actually felt like a Dr Strange comic book. I hope Raimi directs the next film also and they just give him full control to do whatever monster/horror film he wants to do.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:40 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This just won't happen in the current MCU. It's why Derrickson left in the first place.

Raimi shouldn't have anything to do with stuff thats established 

Just let him do his thing 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:34 PM, Larryw7 said:

WB should have never announced the date for HBO streaming before the movie was even released. That was a major goof.

Expect the shorter theatrical release and more straight to streaming as time goes forward. Maintaining a monthly recurring revenue stream that requires consistent new content >>> an extra couple hundred million from another 30 days in the theatre going forward. I expect films to eventually be down to a 30 day theatrical release time and then streaming, and more pay extra to view streaming from day 1 as well.

As part of the film's Disney+ release, audiences were treated to an audio commentary from Sam Raimi, Michael Waldron and Richie Palmer for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Waldron, writer of the film, revealed that the details for the scrapped original ending, which showed that the Strange that returned to Earth-616 was actually that of Sinister Strange and the primary version of the hero was still trapped in the incursion-destroyed universe. See what Waldron shared below:

"Strange gets trapped in that [incursion] universe … and then [Sinister Strange] turns around, and the third eye opens."

Finally saw it the other night and was bummed because I had high-ish hopes and had avoided spoilers.  It has a lot of fun Raimi stuff but the writing was so lazy.  The exposition couldn't have been more hand-holding and the stakes seemed to constantly change.  

Also, what is going on with Marvel's hair and make-up?  Lots of obvious wigs and Strange's hair was honestly distracting.  Clea looked so ridiculous.