• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2022 at 6:39 AM, Bosco685 said:

As much box office results that this movie delivered, it's embarrassing to moviegoers they just hand over cash quickly due to past MCU successes.

Really disappointing scenes:

1. Reed Richards with all his super-intelligence points Wanda right to the Illuminati member to take out first
  2. The all-powerful Illuminati that took out their own Sorcerer Supreme is so ignorant of magic powers just lands in front of Wanda like target practice without a worry
  3. Kamar-Taj's defenses with hundreds of sorcerers is so weak Wanda takes it all down by entering ONE young sorcerer's mind
  4. America Chavez learns how to fully learn to control her powers after Stephen Strange reassures her he has faith in her
  5. Wong as the Sorcerer Supreme is so misused he is constantly playing catch-up to events around him as a weak supporting cast member

There is so much disappointment in this film that should have been incredible. But wasn't.

Agreed, but I think it had the benefit of the Eternals, Black Widow, and Shang-Chi lowering expectations so far that this movie seemed Oscar worthy in comparison.

And Elizabeth Olsen may have a bit of a following........

On 6/2/2022 at 11:40 AM, Artboy99 said:

because the movie makers needed a comedic moment at that specific slot in the film's runtime so they made a goofball of Black Bolt so the audience will laugh. Didn't like that scene at all, and I am not a fan of Black Bolt.

I am not a fan of Black Bolt and thought it was hilarious. Sort of like how they deal with Translucent in The Boys.

On 6/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, kimik said:

I am not a fan of Black Bolt and thought it was hilarious. Sort of like how they deal with Translucent in The Boys.

It is is funny and I have never been a fan of Black Bolt either. Somehow The Boys pulls it off whereas I felt the scene in Dr Strange was extremely cheesy: the grin Black Bolt gives as how powerful he is was mentioned by Reed Richards to blowing his own head up. :P

Edited by Artboy99

Now its on D+.   I can say safely this is just another chase movie.  ... Sarah Connor???

The Tunnel chase scene with the limp is so nostalgic........

dsmom1.jpg.5a4080e01d012083123232b550c7845d.jpgdsmom2.jpg.da1707582b443d39aaa1202d71d5cfd1.jpg

Edited by ganni

I will say that the Imax versions are a nice touch from Disney, I wish other streaming services would incorporate that but I understand why it's easier for Disney

On 6/22/2022 at 5:16 AM, Bosco685 said:

Does it improve the story and fix the plot bungles like the all-powerful Illuminati doesn't just land in front of Wanda like arcade sitting ducks for the shooting?

can't be fixed; but i bet zombie strange looks great!

On 6/22/2022 at 7:57 AM, Straw-Man said:

can't be fixed; but i bet zombie strange looks great!

Now THAT scene when he comes alive and forms his cape - that was Sam Raimi horror genius!

Watched this movie last night.   Gotta say, it really wasn't very good.  It didn't push any storylines forward, acting overall wasn't great and a lot of questionable choices wwre made (as already discussed on this thread).

I really was a HUGE fane of the first wave of MCU movies, and was genuinely excited for each release.  All of the latest wave of movies, while being moneymakers, have been really not good (except Spider-Man...there were issues with that one to though).  Here's hoping the new Thor will buck the trend...

This movie did well and is absolutely profitable.   I will contend that after Spider-Man made 1.8 billion, that this movie missing the 1 billion mark could be considered a mild miss.  I say this because the MCU really tried to make this the focal point movie so far for phase 4, and other MCU films similarly placed have been making 1 billion look easy. Yes, we are no longer in the Pandemic era of movies, deal with it.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, drotto said:

This movie did well and is absolutely profitable.   I will contend that after Spider-Man made 1.8 billion, that this movie missing the 1 billion mark could be considered a mild miss.  I say this because the MCU really tried to make this the focal point movie so far for phase 4, and other MCU films similarly placed have been making 1 billion look easy. Yes, we are no longer in the Pandemic era of movies, deal with it.

Saw this quote on the internet. So it must be true.

"Even Transformers movies make money. That doesn't mean they are any good!"

- Walt Disney

I watched this last night and loved the imax style and the special effects.  Much of the movie reminded me of the Race to Atlantis ride they used to have in Vegas in the beginning of the century.  I wasn't familiar with America Chavez or some of the Illuminatti but it was easy to pick up most of the back story.   The effects kept me interersted longer than I expected and I really like the first three quarters of the movie, although it inevitably crashed.

special effects- A+

plot- C-

Overall, a B-

On 6/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, drotto said:

they had china; this film goes way past 1B with china.  this post is not commenting on the quality of the film at all, but there is no doubt that it would have gone past the mark if "pre-pandemic" china was in play like with captain marvel and other 1B "similarly placed" mcu flicks.   no way a "miss" imo; they had to be worried it might take a b.w., eternals, shang-chi kind of trajectory.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:39 AM, shadroch said:

I watched this last night and loved the imax style and the special effects.  Much of the movie reminded me of the Race to Atlantis ride they used to have in Vegas in the beginning of the century.  I wasn't familiar with America Chavez or some of the Illuminatti but it was easy to pick up most of the back story.   The effects kept me interersted longer than I expected and I really like the first three quarters of the movie, although it inevitably crashed.

special effects- A+

plot- C-

Overall, a B-

this is a darn good review.