• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Gotta say I am not surprised by this.

Liz Moran Wears Knickers In Miracleman – But Only In The Digital Version

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/15/liz-moran-wears-knickers-in-miracleman-but-only-in-the-digital-version/

I know it's only the Digital version being censored, but it still fells wrong to me.

It is of course "wrong", but I guess because the internet is not protected they don't want to get in trouble? Who knows. There's gonna have to be a lot of censoring in the later issues, issues 9, 14 and 15.

lol. #9 should be interesting.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?

Piece=17388&GSub=1199

OMG! :roflmao:

Too funny!

Edited by heartened

I read #1 - really enjoyed it.

I didn't like the prologue, but I've never really been a fan of Mick Anglos work.

The Alan Moore stuff looked beautiful. It was great reading it again. I love this series.

PLUS a board member hooked me up with some signed copies today in the UK so when I get that I'll post a family shot of all of my different versions of Miracleman #1.

People keep talking about it as a prologue, but it's an integral part of the story as you know. This is the bridge between the past and the present, and their memories of how they got their powers and how they were superheroes back then, and how they were "destroyed" is the most fascinating link Alan Moore created. I too always felt it odd, but no other character has needed such a bridge. I guess they could have kept it simpler and just said he was trapped in ice all those years, ala Captain America, or taken over by an alien power like Jean Grey/Phoenix or costume like Spidey/Venom, but I think Alan came up with something a bit more creative ;)

Er no, but the prologue isn't an integral part of the story. Which is why it never appeared in the Warrior original.

I didn't like the prologue, but I've never really been a fan of Mick Anglos work.

The Alan Moore stuff looked beautiful. It was great reading it again. I love this series.

PLUS a board member hooked me up with some signed copies today in the UK so when I get that I'll post a family shot of all of my different versions of Miracleman #1.

People keep talking about it as a prologue, but it's an integral part of the story as you know. This is the bridge between the past and the present, and their memories of how they got their powers and how they were superheroes back then, and how they were "destroyed" is the most fascinating link Alan Moore created. I too always felt it odd, but no other character has needed such a bridge. I guess they could have kept it simpler and just said he was trapped in ice all those years, ala Captain America, or taken over by an alien power like Jean Grey/Phoenix or costume like Spidey/Venom, but I think Alan came up with something a bit more creative ;)

Er no, but the prologue isn't an integral part of the story. Which is why it never appeared in the Warrior original.

Not integral, but helps with the context and backstory. It was also part of the Eclipse run, which is how most of us read it; thus, integral to those of us in the USA. Not integral to those in the UK :)

I wish they just stuck with the comic, and skipped all the supplementary material (or saved it for a collection). $5.99 is too high a price point. Eclipse has the right idea almost 30 years ago...$.75 cover price (compared to the then-standard $1 cover price) to get the book into as many hands as possible.

I picked up my copy last week. I tried to get the original Leach cover (the new ones don't do anything for me), but it was sold out. I even tried other stores in the areas...same story, all sold out. Probably went to old-timers like me. As it was, all the stores reported high interest in the book, which is encouraging.

Not integral, but helps with the context and backstory. It was also part of the Eclipse run, which is how most of us read it; thus, integral to those of us in the USA. Not integral to those in the UK :)

I thought the prologue was brilliant. I remember reading it and thinking W.T.F. is this... and then getting to the end of #1 and having a big aha moment when I realized what Moore was doing. Such an interesting narrative device, I certainly don't recall anyone doing anything like that in comics before.

These reprints will impact value if the originals you think? I mean these are reprints and the originals are original and still scarce...

IMO reprints generally don't affect the value of comics. Collectors pay big money to own a key piece of comic history. Someone didn't pay $2 million because he wanted to read Action Comics 1.

These reprints will impact value if the originals you think? I mean these are reprints and the originals are original and still scarce...

IMO reprints generally don't affect the value of comics. Collectors pay big money to own a key piece of comic history. Someone didn't pay $2 million because he wanted to read Action Comics 1.

Hmm IMO all the Walking Dead 1 reprints negatively impact the value of issue one of that series including the convention cover variants.

Action 1 and MM 15 are two different beasts.

Probably a silly question, but is Miracle Man a good read? I'm thinking of looking for the TPB's on Amazon.

Miracleman is one of my favorite series, and I think it holds up well. If you liked any of the Copper Age DC pre-Vertigo "mature readers" books (Gaiman's Sandman, Moore and Veitch on Swamp Thing, Morrison's Animal Man, Moore's Watchmen and V for Vendetta) then you will probably enjoy Miracleman.

The collected editions are fairly expensive, but the first new Marvel hardcover collected edition is solicited this month.

Just read #2. Better than #1, of course. We get into the fight between MM and KM for 12 pages, which is really nice and memorable. Then the Yesterday's Gambit, which is also nice (hadn't read this before). Once again, though, they add the Mick Anglo story which try as I may I can't bring myself to read. I sure hope they stop adding in the Anglo stuff, as it doesn't hold up at all and it just makes it more obvious that you're left wanting for more of the real story. Since they are planning on bringing the numbering back in sync with the Eclipse run, and since #8 was a filler the first go around, I think soon the issues will be mainly story. That'll be most welcome!

I read that the color variants of the Neal Adams Miracleman 1 and 2 were 3000 and the black-and-white Neal Adams variants of Miracleman 1 and 2 were 2500. Those were only available at shows. I don't know about the ones available through retailers.