• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Frazetta's Famous Funnies #209 - #216
12 12

429 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2023 at 9:11 AM, Point Five said:

The 5.0 #214 is already at $4200 and counting... too rich for my blood! It's an absolute stunner, but at that price point I'm happy to be out of the hunt.

Sold too soon?

On 2/11/2023 at 8:11 AM, Point Five said:

The 5.0 #214 is already at $4200 and counting... too rich for my blood! It's an absolute stunner, but at that price point I'm happy to be out of the hunt.

Well, somebody must have bumped it up then because when I made my post last night, it was sitting with a hammer bid of only $2,700.  (shrug)

Well, you can try for the other two then since both of them were still sitting at only a few hundred dollars, although I am 100% sure they'll go a lot higher by the time it's all said and done tomorrow night.  :popcorn:

On 2/11/2023 at 11:47 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, somebody must have bumped it up then because when I made my post last night, it was sitting with a hammer bid of only $2,700.  (shrug)

Well, you can try for the other two then since both of them were still sitting at only a few hundred dollars, although I am 100% sure they'll go a lot higher by the time it's all said and done tomorrow night.  :popcorn:

What other two?  The current bid, BTW, is $6,250 ($7,500 W/ BP).

Edited by fifties

On 2/11/2023 at 8:38 PM, fifties said:

What other two?  The current bid, BTW, is $6,250 ($7,500 W/ BP).

See my post from Friday which is on the previous page:  :gossip:

On 2/10/2023 at 8:38 PM, lou_fine said:

On 2/13/2023 at 5:21 AM, Hulk_Smash_76 said:

FF 214 finished at $8100 with BP. I ended up getting the FF 216, trying to get a run and hopefully upgrade later.

Welcome to the boards here and a big congrats to you on your spectacular pick up here of a classic Frazetta cover.  :applause:

Hopefully, you already have a couple of the other books from this run or else it will surely end up costing you a pretty penny to complete it at this point in time?  :wishluck:

On 2/13/2023 at 10:53 AM, lou_fine said:

Welcome to the boards here and a big congrats to you on your spectacular pick up here of a classic Frazetta cover.  :applause:

Hopefully, you already have a couple of the other books from this run or else it will surely end up costing you a pretty penny to complete it at this point in time?  :wishluck:

I picked up 211 last week, so just now starting on the run. Yup I see the cost on these books, not going to be a cheap run for sure.

On 2/13/2023 at 2:52 PM, lou_fine said:

this Frazetta FF set owned by Ken Spencer

Wow!  Nice books.

I'd imagine during an interview one might forget to mention a thing or two....  The Weird Science Fantasy cover was slightly redrawn for EC so that the "Buck" character would no longer be identifiable as Buck.  I'm sure there are images available online of the first proposed image with the helmeted Buck character.  (thumbsu

Looks like we get another chance to see the latest price trajectory on these Frazetta Famous Funnies as HA has another one coming up tonight:  hm

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/science-fiction/famous-funnies-215-eastern-color-1955-cgc-vf-75-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122309-17278.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

lf?set=path%5B2%2F7%2F6%2F8%2F7%2F27687908%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Still sitting at a hammer bid of $7K or $8,400 with the BP juice in there where it's been for quite a few days now.  Will be interesting to see if it's able to get close to its pandemic peak price of $11,400 for an equivalent graded CGC 7.5 copy back in November of 2021 or even to its more recent price points of $9K for a CGC 6.0 graded copy back in July 0f 2022 or $10,800 for a CGC 8.0 graded copy earlier in January of this year. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 2/26/2023 at 3:13 PM, lou_fine said:

Looks like we get another chance to see the latest price trajectory on these Frazetta Famous Funnies as HA has another one coming up tonight:  hm

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/science-fiction/famous-funnies-215-eastern-color-1955-cgc-vf-75-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122309-17278.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

Still sitting at a hammer bid of $7K or $8,400 with the BP juice in there where it's been for quite a few days now.  Will be interesting to see if it's able to get close to its pandemic peak price of $11,400 for an equivalent graded CGC 7.5 copy back in November of 2021 or even to its more recent price points of $9K for a CGC 6.0 graded copy back in July 0f 2022 or $10,800 for a CGC 8.0 graded copy earlier in January of this year. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Scorching copy! I'm thinking it will have no problem matching those numbers.

On 2/26/2023 at 7:52 PM, Point Five said:

$9600. Eh, close enough. :grin: 

Yes, pretty much what I had expected as all of the Frazetta Famous Funnies issues seems to be doing a bit of healthy price consolidation after a huge jump up in price from what they were selling for back in 2019 & 2020.  After all,  we need to remember that nothing ever goes up in a straight line forever.  (thumbsu

I guess we will have to let all these copies that we've been seeing lately filter through the marketplace before we see the next leg up in prices. :taptaptap:

Perfect case in point with CC having six of these Frazetta FF issues coming up in their current Event Auction, albeit in slightly lower condition. :popcorn:

Edited by lou_fine