• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,053 posts in this topic

Stopped in at my LCS yesterday for the first time in a month or two. Only went in to get some boxes, but you know how that goes...

Picked up a few fun books:

First up, the hard to find 5th print of MOS 18. Super nice, flat, bright. Aside from the binder tears, this is a real beauty.

2vlk11e.jpg

Next up, one of my all time favorites. I haven't owned a copy for a couple of years, the price was right on this one.

25ui2pf.jpg

I also picked up a stack of Deathstroke back issues (Zeck covers!), some Batman 52, and other random things. But this was my favorite, picked up for less than the original MSRP of $13.75!

1z3uupv.jpg

167qpus.jpg

It may not seem like anything special, but the copy of 492 on top is the hard to find 3rd print, which is very hard to find in grade. I was considering popping this open to see if the book had a shot at 9.6 or better, but I think it may be cooler to keep it in the package. For one, you don't see these packs often. And in addition to that, I am REALLY digging the Halloween-y vibe of the orange and purple layout with black bats!

Any thoughts on whether I should pop it or not?

In the early 80's when the New Mutants were introduced, the only way I could get the MGN #4 was to order it from Bub Plant, which for me, mail order stuff was few and far between. After I got my copy, a short while later I got another package from Bud Plant. They had mistakenly sent me another copy! I had since kept this copy untouched all this time until this grading which I received last night!

158284.jpg.ede134c0353aaa9b9c1bec74697480e2.jpg