This week in your collection?
46 46

58,712 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2022 at 8:57 AM, F For Fake said:

This popped up on eBay, an elusive 5th print. May take a nicer scan later, until then, just the pic. Pretty nice shape. Now I just need the 3rd and 4th, but no big rush.

(Of course, what generally happens when I'm in "no big rush" is that there's suddenly a movie or tv show announced and then prices go up. I will not learn from this.)

IMG_4073.JPG

Man I forgot about that book....I really loved reading it back then...Luba was my favorite. 

On 1/11/2022 at 4:32 PM, cd4ever said:

Man I forgot about that book....I really loved reading it back then...Luba was my favorite. 

It's my all time favorite book, just such a wide range of stories and characters. It's been with me pretty much my entire comic reading life, and the characters have grown and aged as I have. It's kinda crazy, actually!

I pre-ordered this book ages ago, but covid kind of set everything back with delays, but today it finally arrived. The publisher is Australian-based Giant Panda King. This is actually the second edition of the book, the first came out a few years ago, but had sold out before I even discovered it, so when they announced this second printing, I put in my order. It is set up similarly to those old Time-Life history books about different wars that are full of maps and pictures and such. The premise here is that Gotham City was a real place, and all of the heroes and villains of the Bat-universe actually existed, and their stories are all documented here as if it were a real non-fiction account. I think it's wonderful, and it was worth the wait.

20220112-211500.jpg

Here are a few of the character bios to give you an idea.

Spoiler

20220112-211911.jpg

Spoiler

20220112-211536.jpg

Spoiler

20220112-211644.jpg

Spoiler

20220112-211739.jpg