• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,052 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2023 at 6:11 PM, electricprune said:

Scan_20230616.png

Scan_20230616 (2).png

Scan_20230616 (3).png

Scan_20230616 (4).png

Scan_20230608.png

That weird wonder tales reminds me of black and white movies. A bit like king Kong I think or etc.

As a kid when I'd see a big wall with a "door" it invited the feeling that something was once welcom that was THAT BIG! Like the monster wasn't going to climb over it, lol

Naanananaanoo! It was to have its own DOOR!  :insane:

Subtle but effective,  nice assortment. :)

On 6/14/2023 at 7:45 PM, KCOComics said:

I have been passively after this book for over ten years. About 5 years ago I made the decision to get more serious about it and I started watching auctions and reached out to collectors who I thought might have leads. It really proved to be a tough book.

This particular copy sold at Heritage in November and I was pretty far outside the winning bid.   At that point I had pretty much given up. It just seemed expensive for a low grade copy. 

When it went back up for sale, I was very grateful to work something out with @mycomicshop .  Without their flexibility I wouldn't own this copy today. 

Also special thanks to @WolverineX who has been my comic therapist over the last several years, as I complained after every failed auction. 

IMG_20230614_141739218_HDR.jpg

Wow!  Congrats!  That is a monster book!

On 6/20/2023 at 5:36 AM, Browns81 said:

Didn’t that Hulk issue have a dark green foil cover?  Is this a misprint?

Yes