• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,052 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2023 at 7:45 PM, KCOComics said:

I have been passively after this book for over ten years. About 5 years ago I made the decision to get more serious about it and I started watching auctions and reached out to collectors who I thought might have leads. It really proved to be a tough book.

This particular copy sold at Heritage in November and I was pretty far outside the winning bid.   At that point I had pretty much given up. It just seemed expensive for a low grade copy. 

When it went back up for sale, I was very grateful to work something out with @mycomicshop .  Without their flexibility I wouldn't own this copy today. 

Also special thanks to @WolverineX who has been my comic therapist over the last several years, as I complained after every failed auction. 

IMG_20230614_141739218_HDR.jpg

It's been years!  Congratulations. 

What a book

20230614_202418.jpg

On 6/15/2023 at 7:31 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've decided to start dipping my toes deeper into the history of the medium:

• Men of Tomorrow
  • The 10-Cent Plague

The 10-cent Plague is my favorite comic book, book. 

Great history, it goes deep on certain artists and then of course the Senate trials of the 1950s. Very well written.