• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2021 at 11:30 PM, piper said:

I knew it... the Power Broker is secretly Mephisto!

Given that multiple episodes ago it was pretty obvious who the Power Broker would be I held out hope this episode they would go for a completely unexpected character. 

A return of Red Skull to earth hiding out in Madripoor building up his war machine under the Power Broker alias would have been a nice swerve instead of the predictable.

7 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It's critical. That isn't necessarily hateful.

Rational, concerned, & helpful critique avoids the hateful ridicule we encounter with this pejorative, agreed.

I tried to like it, but it was slow, ham fisted with no real arc to the main characters. They are in the same place as they were at the end of Endgame.

Sam and Bucky deserved better.

Edited by D84

22 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

That is just silly to take the stance ALL SKRULLS MUST BE GOOD BECAUSE IT HAPPENED IN CAPTAIN MARVEL.

Come on now. You have better understanding of thinking beings than that. Any of them can go bad with the right motivational influences.

Agreed.

Perhaps there are Skrulls that believe that they should rise up and take what is rightfully theirs.  At this point, I trust in Disney, Marvel and Kevin.  

I smiled at the end of it.

I liked it.

I was entertained.

I also liked how Bucky walks the streets of Manhattan as an unknown but within military circles, he is instantly recognizable and given respect wherever he goes. 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:43 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Black Widow was essentially Nick Fury and Tony Stark's handmaid in Iron Man 2. By Age of Ultron, she'd become the Avengers' handmaid, even jokingly complaining "Do I always have to pick up after you boys?" and having to be the one tasked with calming Hulk down. I feel Natasha didn't truly become her own person who took the lead on her own choices until Avengers Endgame.

The Dora Milaje are basically warrior handmaids who serve and protect the King of Wakanda.

In myth, who are the Valkyrie but the Asgardian warrior handmaids of Odin who guide the dead to Valhalla? Granted, MCU Valkyrie was a bit of a rogue and seemed to do her own thing, but it seemed she really just traded Odin for the Grandmaster.

Agent 13 Sharon Carter and Maria Hill were constant handmaids to either Nick Fury or SHIELD in general, by duty yes, but still.

Even Carol Danvers was a mind-enslaved warrior handmaid to the Kree until she frees herself from their clutches.

What happened in Falcon and Winter Soldier is Marvel took Sharon Carter, a lesser character whose sole purpose in the MCU was to either serve Nick Fury or Steve Rogers, and who again seemed like she might be Sam and Bucky's handmaid too, completely empowered her and made her arbiter of her own choices in the end credits. I think this is the model going forward for the MCU.

This is laughable. 

Like, did you write this with a straight face? 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, skypinkblu said:

He obviously grew up in a different culture than I did...so many different ways to grow up in this Country it's amazing. It's also not a bad thing to try to help, I think his efforts are made with a good heart.

But 

@therealsilvermane

(not sure why the tag thing is not working)

...saying you have to pick up after people, does not make you a handmaid...it was her way of coping with grief. She sacrificed herself for the greater good, she was never a weakling.

It's OK to be female and not be a handmaid. I open my own doors if I can get their first,I cook for friends, bake cookies,..and if anyone called me a handmaid, I'd deck them with the cookie sheet;)

Here is how I would have phrased it.

I love making use of a good Father Ernest quote. 

573b2c.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

This is laughable. 

It was in the talking points.

"Black Widow was essentially..."

{checks Disney talking points}

image01.gif.c185b653e28a35aeef6f968b5b5fbd1a.gif

"...Nick Fury and Tony Stark's handmaid in Iron Man 2..."

(:

18 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
43 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

This is laughable. 

It was in the talking points.

"Black Widow was essentially..."

{checks Disney talking points}

image01.gif.c185b653e28a35aeef6f968b5b5fbd1a.gif

"...Nick Fury and Tony Stark's handmaid in Iron Man 2..."

(:

1920883365_tenor-6(1).gif.867b50dd04cb15d85798db98b398917f.gif

On 4/24/2021 at 11:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

There's actually rumors Sharon Carter is a Skrull, and that was why she could take the shot to the stomach. Which would then play out in Secret Invasion.

I had forgot about that.

I've only watched the last episode once but I thought she may be a Skrull as well.  I don't think we ever see any blood when she is shot but it seemed to me that she tries to cover her wound when Sam and Bucky come walking up to her.  Do the Skrulls bleed green? Or at least a different color?

I do think she is at least being set up to be a major player in Armor Wars and if she is a Skrull then obviously Secret Invasion also.

19 hours ago, D84 said:

I tried to like it, but it was slow, ham fisted with no real arc to the main characters. They are in the same place as they were at the end of Endgame.

Sam and Bucky deserved better.

I think it is the finale people are most excited over because the end-state they desired came true.

But honestly I can't see myself going back through the entirety of WandaVision nor Falcon/Winter Soldier. They were experiences of the moment. Not great. Not bad. Just a point in time.

On 4/23/2021 at 7:22 AM, Gatsby77 said:

?

I liked Falcon and the Winter Soldier - and really thought they stuck the landing with this episode.

But it's not in the same league as WandaVision - which was original, audacious, and nearly flawless in its execution. They literally took a pair of D-list characters and crafted a crazy entertaining mystery around them that gave them both complexity and psychological depth. I can't even imagine how the pitch meeting for that series went.

By comparison, Falcon and the Winter Soldier was a solid spy story, but nothing we haven't seen before - and better done - in shows like Homeland, The Americans, Jack Ryan, etc.

And honestly, it could have been folded into a half-season arc of Agents of Shield and I don't think anyone would have noticed much difference.

Again - good, and I *really* like this last episode and what they've set up for a season 2 - but WandaVision it wasn't.

WandaVision was pretty boring and bad. Just because something is 'new' does not make it 'good'.