• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

The superhuman fight club is going to be interesting. I'm wondering who else they'll have facing off in it as easter eggs/plot points. To show Abomination and Wong so early bodes well. I'm hoping with the potential inclusion of Charlie Cox in Spider-Man No Way Home, and Kristen Ritter in She Hulk we might see Finn Jones back as Iron Fist for a bout against someone. Wong makes sense between Kamar Taj and the Hong Kong Sanctum he has a presence in that part of the world. If Iron Fist is back in Kun Lun he would probably be in the same general area giving him motive to be there as well, not to mention we have ties to dragons in this film, Shao Lao anyone? Other than that I'm not sure who else we could see fighting maybe White Tiger? Colleen Wing? Elektra? There probably won't be many CGI heavy characters like Abomination.

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm just glad they went back to the comic look for Abomination with the reptilian skin and ear fins.  That bones-sticking-out look from the movie was gross.  He's even got the loincloth so I don't have to wonder what happened to Blonsky's manhood during the transformation.   :eek: 

Shang-Chi-Abomination-Fighting-In-Ring.j

The character looks great but I'm confused on how Abomination fits into this film in any way.  Full disclosure: I know nothing about Shang-Chi's comic canon..

43 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

The character looks great but I'm confused on how Abomination fits into this film in any way.  Full disclosure: I know nothing about Shang-Chi's comic canon..

It looks like a super-powered cage match, similar to the one Angel and Nightcrawler had in X-Men: Apocalypse.  Except I can't see Wong doing that willingly, and I can't see Abomination doing it unwillingly since he could just bust right out of that cage.

Will Tim Roth be in this since he was the Abomination in IH. He's a good actor, I haven't seen him in anything for awhile.

14 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Will Tim Roth be in this since he was the Abomination in IH. He's a good actor, I haven't seen him in anything for awhile.

Tim Roth is confirmed to be back as Abomination in She Hulk so I imagine he did the voice at the very least for this Shang Chi cameo

9 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Maybe it's really Fin Fang Foom in a different form.

Could be a misdirect from Marvel. Kind of like showing the Hulk in the Endgame trailers at the battle in Wakanda.

1 hour ago, Jemin said:

Could be a misdirect from Marvel. Kind of like showing the Hulk in the Endgame trailers at the battle in Wakanda.

Seems very odd that it would be the Abomination. But I’d be ok with it if it were him & Wong battling it out. I don’t even know if those two characters have ever even seen each other in comics. Has Dr. Strange even run into ‘Nation?

Loving the winged ears. Very Dale Keown-esque.

6 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

Seems very odd that it would be the Abomination. But I’d be ok with it if it were him & Wong battling it out. I don’t even know if those two characters have ever even seen each other in comics. Has Dr. Strange even run into ‘Nation?

Loving the winged ears. Very Dale Keown-esque.

Yea it's a stretch but possible. I'm ok with it and curious to see what would bring Abomination or Wong into the Shang-Chi movie.

Marvel chief Kevin Feige shared a bit more info about the appearance of Abomination in Shang-Chi: Legend of the 10 Rings in a new interview with Rotten Tomatoes, confirming that the Phase 1 Marvel Cinematic Universe villain would be brawling with Wong, the sorcerer from Dr. Strange.

"Yes, we just recently released the final trailer for Shang-Chi," Feige said. "Some fans said, 'This looks like a character they hadn’t seen in many years named The Abomination, fighting a character that looks like Wong.' And I can say that the reason it looks like that is because that is Abomination fighting Wong."

2 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

So did the movie just gain some cool factor...?

Or still a 'meh' for most?

Couldn't care less. I'll catch it on TV someday.