• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

Exactly what we needed to know before seeing this... :roflmao:

Simu Liu recalled the moment he got cast in the lead role for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

Speaking to EW, Liu said that he was in his underwear in his apartment when he got the call. The actor had just come off from a hard day on the set of Kim's Convenience when Marvel head Kevin Feige called him alongside director Destin Daniel Cretton and casting director Sarah Finn. Four days later, Liu found himself onstage in Hall H at San Diego Comic Con next to stars like Scarlett Johansson and Angelina Jolie, announcing his casting as the first Asian superhero in the MCU.

One day we will all have the pleasure of an actor sharing, "So I was sitting on the bowl when the phone rang..."

On 6/30/2021 at 1:06 PM, Drummy said:

Cute but not cool, per se -- I will see this movie at some point, but I'm not wowed yet.  I do like the cast, though.

I love the idea of Shang Chi getting his own movie, but this looks completely forgettable. I'm a huge kung fu movie fan (and I have the full MOKF run) and I would have loved if they had used a 70s style, but what I've seen looks really slick and generic.  It's like they took Fox's formula for the X-men movies and used that to make this one. 

On 7/24/2021 at 9:17 AM, D84 said:

The C word? What do :censored: have to do with it?

This is what dena has posted about the covid subject.

This topic is now locked and off limits. Any new threads on this topic will be removed and anyone pushing the issue will be suspended. Enough already.

On 7/25/2021 at 7:53 AM, comicdonna said:

This topic is now locked and off limits. Any new threads on this topic will be removed and anyone pushing the issue will be suspended. Enough already.

What? Why?

Is it assumed to be fictional, or has it now been categorized as political? Seriously. I hadn't read this before now.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:13 AM, Bosco685 said:
On 7/25/2021 at 7:53 AM, comicdonna said:

What? Why?

Is it assumed to be fictional, or has it now been categorized as political? Seriously. I hadn't read this before now.

She locked the thread in the water cooler and posted that.  Literally 100's of warnings came from that thread, causing an extremely heavy load on moderation.  It also tarnished many relationships between board members.  

On 7/25/2021 at 8:20 AM, comicdonna said:

She locked the thread in the water cooler and posted that.  Literally 100's of warnings came from that thread, causing an extremely heavy load on moderation.  It also tarnished many relationships between board members.  

Over what though - a difference of opinion over the topic?

Nobody is even fighting over this in the TV/Movie/Game section, but rather noting the impact on Hollywood and box office results. So to read 'enough already' like there is an issue is what surprised me.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:22 AM, Bosco685 said:

Over what though - a difference of opinion over the topic?

Nobody is even fighting over this in the TV/Movie/Game section, but rather noting the impact on Hollywood and box office results. So to read 'enough already' like there is an issue is what surprised me.

A difference of opinion is most likely to blame.  anyhow, the topic is pretty much banned across the boards.  An occasional, brief mention as it pertains to movies might slide by but, if it turns into a discussion, it will be shut down and warnings issued.  

I just hope the fight scenes are not like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Flying thru the air and all that.  I like fight scenes like Netflix's Daredevil or Enter the Dragon or even Netflix's movie "Extraction" starring Chris Hemsworth even though
it's not Kung Fu. Fight scenes need to gritty and as realistic as you can make them. I wouldn't have minded a "R" rating but no way that's going to happen.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:27 AM, comicdonna said:

A difference of opinion is most likely to blame.  anyhow, the topic is pretty much banned across the boards.  An occasional, brief mention as it pertains to movies might slide by but, if it turns into a discussion, it will be shut down and warnings issued.  

Gotcha! Thank you for the heads up, Mike. I don't bother with other areas on the site so would be clueless to this new CGC proclamation.

:tink: