• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2021 at 12:21 PM, paperheart said:

lol  now this is 'the big test' after it failed the other tests

Exactly! How many times are they going to keep moving the goal post?  For the longest time all we heard day in and day out was BW is going to save the theaters.  Whoops.

Oh, well what we mean to say is that the real savior is Shang-Chi on September 3rd.  Yeah, I'll add that to the whoops column as well.

Then the goal post will be the Chanel No.5 movie coming out in November. 

According to The Guardian, Marvel pays writers or artists whose work is featured in an MCU film a flat $5,000 fee. Three different sources confirmed this amount. Additionally, they also send the creator an invitation to the premiere of the movie their work is featured in. Marvel declined to comment on the matter, citing a concern about privacy when discussing these matters.

To date, the MCU's 24 movies have grossed nearly $23 billion at the box office and several of the films have crossed the $1 billion mark on their own. Avengers: Endgame was the highest grossing movie for a time before James Cameron's Avatar took back the title. Captain Marvel, Captain America: Civil War, Iron Man 3, Black Panther, Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Avengers: Infinity War all surpassed the billion dollar mark, too. Once the box office recovers, it seems all but guaranteed that the franchise could continue to post record breaking numbers.

:applause:

Let's go see their movie XXX times so we help save Disney

:whee:

On 8/9/2021 at 5:51 PM, media_junkie said:

Wow, I know most of the time they were work for hire, but dang, that is some dodo the House of Mouse is spitting out there.  

Now we know why Jim Starlin noted he made more from BVS than he did across all the Infinity Saga.

Thanos Creator Was Paid More for ‘Batman v. Superman’ Than All Marvel Movies Combined

Like someone noted about the MCU run...

perfection.gif.e8e92ba6e4f2599204d5c52107d19637.gif

Disney/Marvel has been getting some bad press lately? Has the media turned on them?

To find out, Tune in Tomorrow...

Same Silvermane Time...

Same Silvermane Channel...

A warning...

THE WORST IS YET TO COME!

On 8/10/2021 at 8:05 AM, Bosco685 said:

Now we know why Jim Starlin noted he made more from BVS than he did across all the Infinity Saga.

Thanos Creator Was Paid More for ‘Batman v. Superman’ Than All Marvel Movies Combined

Like someone noted about the MCU run...

perfection.gif.e8e92ba6e4f2599204d5c52107d19637.gif

And Ed Brubaker said he got more in residuals for his cut Winter Soldier cameo than for actually creating Winter Soldier, and plotting something else they used in a film/show. 

I understand that you're basically just using a creator's character's name and/or moniker. They change the appearance to be modern, change the stories, etc. But a measly $5k? I think that may have flew in Phase 1, but the MCU was a cash cow for about a decade.

On 8/10/2021 at 6:19 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

And Ed Brubaker said he got more in residuals for his cut Winter Soldier cameo than for actually creating Winter Soldier, and plotting something else they used in a film/show. 

The guy they left at the front door of the premiere as they left him off the VIP list?

On 8/10/2021 at 9:48 AM, Drummy said:

Doesn't look like it was the premiere itself, but the afterparty...still, amateur move.

It was the premiere party when you read the details.

Brubaker has recalled once attending Comic-Con, where he watched Roz Kirby yell at Jim Shooter about his mistreatment of her husband in the middle of a panel on creators’ rights. (The panel, incidentally, included Moore and Miller, who were celebrating the apparent fairness of their own contracts at DC.) Decades later, Brubaker helped Marvel find success with his Captain America run with Steve Epting. According to sources, Brubaker and Epting showed up in tuxedos to the premiere party for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, a movie directly based on their comics, only to find that they weren’t on the list. Brubaker texted Sebastian Stan, the actor who played his and Epting’s character, Bucky Barnes, and he let them in.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I understand that you're basically just using a creator's character's name and/or moniker. They change the appearance to be modern, change the stories, etc. But a measly $5k? I think that may have flew in Phase 1, but the MCU was a cash cow for about a decade.

I dunno, Winter Soldier was pretty spot on appearance wise, probably the most accurate they've had, tbh. 

I am sorry, I do not care for the latest TV spot. The joke about the arm machete come across as really forced. It is the apitome of the humor that some complain about in Marvel films.  It just looks so generic, and feels like a rival studio trying to emulate the MCU formula, as opposed to a genuine MCU film.

I will see this movie, but at this point,  I have no strong desire to rush out opening weekend. I think this film is going to continue the trend of struggling movies at the box office.

Disney's Bob Chapek says do not have flexibility with Free Guy or Shang Chi to do hybrid release However, Chapek says Shang Chi will be "free" on @dinseyplus 45 days after release - whereas premiere access titles aren't free on D+ until 90 days

2c that's the sound of those on the fence jumping onto the side of 'I can wait 45 days'

oh no, our savior

image.png.7a805a72565ae4461c73df9d79f4923b.png

Edited by paperheart