• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,150 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2024 at 3:03 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Harold I noticed that and thought about you! This has great eye appeal and great paper. 

Ya butt once again I don't collect Timely :facepalm: I am stuck with that 4.5 and now maybe a 2.0 because there is never any Action 2 for sale :bigsmile:

On 6/27/2024 at 6:49 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Most GA collectors that I know hate Robin and would rather shred a Tec 38...

Sounds like a fun group.

On 6/26/2024 at 11:14 PM, Gotham Kid said:

should have stayed up for that Tec38 :facepalm:

On 6/26/2024 at 7:35 PM, Gotham Kid said:

image.thumb.png.38aedc8112a3de0fbe42170ed1c2b306.png

Yes, pretty much a steal of a deal, especially if you take into consideration that a CGC 3.0 graded copy (albeit a relatively nicely presenting copy) had sold for a higher amount at $54,010 some 7+ years ago in one of their Event Auctions back in March of 2017:  :jawdrop:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/676931

det1.13714a.jpg

Taking a quick look at their offerings for the last day tomorrow and rather surprised to see a copy of this long acknowledged HTF Wolverton cover issue coming up for auction and extremely rare in this condition and the 3rd highest graded copy in the CGC population census:  :cloud9:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1040357

tar2-498.jpg

Will be interesting to see where it ends up at as I believe it should go for substantially more than the current $5,700 hammer price where it is sitting at right now.  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Oh, wowza and even better yet for all of the Fox aficionados and uber HG Church collectors here, it looks like their chance to get some rarely ever seen highest graded Church copies of the Wonderworld books from the Jon Berk collection is finally here at last as long as they are the last bidder still ringing the bell in the 3-inute extended bidding sessions for these books here:  :cloud9:  :luhv:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/browse/?filtertype=&search=wonderworld&save=submit

A total of 10 issues from Wonderworld 4 through to Wonderworld 30 and all being the highest graded copies from the Church/Jon Berk collection.  :jawdrop:

On 6/29/2024 at 10:32 AM, Dark Knight said:

Congrats again with another huge sale! Looks like you did very very well! :applause:

Thank you!  In their own way, the Wonderworlds yesterday were equally impressive.  Most of them went for $4-5k in that same 2017 auction.  I remember being surprised I won as much as I did back then.  Usually I place bids just to “price enforce”, but I was getting hit left & right.

On 6/29/2024 at 9:02 AM, CentaurMan said:

Thank you!  In their own way, the Wonderworlds yesterday were equally impressive.  Most of them went for $4-5k in that same 2017 auction.  I remember being surprised I won as much as I did back then.  Usually I place bids just to “price enforce”, but I was getting hit left & right.

Quite a collection that you auctioned off. Are you leaving the hobby or just putting the funds toward a bigger book? Just curious. If it is something private than I respect that :cheers: