• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2024 at 3:15 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 4/22/2024 at 9:07 AM, batman_fan said:

Not just you, I had to turn away

the way Vinnie went at the packaging, I was convinced it was the reprint copy

If you little people had handled as many copies of Action 1 as Vinnie has, you'd be casual about it too! 

I was the commenter that asked if it was restored with how it was packed / handled. Vinny responded that it was in a bigger box, didn't address the resto issue. We shall see. Impossible to tell from that far away, but the blue color appears to be different at June 1938 so wonder if there is some work done to it. Here's a screen capture I took

image.jpeg

IMG_0918.jpeg

I'd like to post something here about a comic in the upcoming ComicConnect auction.  It's related to Action #1 in a way...it's not a normal book...the price could be anything.

But it's better to not say anything here, right?

To ruin the mystique of it...by getting strong opinions going here.  Correct?

On 4/22/2024 at 8:03 PM, ChillMan said:

I'd like to post something here about a comic in the upcoming ComicConnect auction.  It's related to Action #1 in a way...it's not a normal book...the price could be anything.

:headpat:

On 4/22/2024 at 8:03 PM, ChillMan said:

Based on your historical posts, I assume that you are referring to More Fun #31?

On 4/22/2024 at 11:30 PM, Silver Surfer said:

How about the Allentown Wonder Comics #2 in an upcoming auction, love that copy. 

I owned the 1 and 2 for quite a while. The one had a long spine split, but was otherwise very nice and the two was beautiful.

Hope this goes to a nice long-term home.