• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Professor Chaos said:

That's interesting.

I'm going to do some math as I post this. The last 5.0 Bat 1 Blue label sold for 360,00 just this past April. Nice looking 5.0 from the scan https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-vg-fn-50-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7242-91028.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515 . So if my percentage calculator is correct the Purple sold for 20% of what the Blue label sold for.

Now the 9.0 Purple Action Comics 1 that just sold for 452,000. If we estimate what a 9.0 would sell for today I think 5 million would be a realistic guess. 452k is 9% of 5 million. What does this mean? I really don't know.

Well, it means that either higher graded PLOD's tends to have a heavier percentage hit on them as opposed to the lower graded PLOD's, or it might also mean that Bats is in more demand than Supes, even when Restored and especially when it's starting from a lower pricing baseline, or some combination of both.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:
3 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

That's interesting.

I'm going to do some math as I post this. The last 5.0 Bat 1 Blue label sold for 360,00 just this past April. Nice looking 5.0 from the scan https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-vg-fn-50-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7242-91028.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515 . So if my percentage calculator is correct the Purple sold for 20% of what the Blue label sold for.

Now the 9.0 Purple Action Comics 1 that just sold for 452,000. If we estimate what a 9.0 would sell for today I think 5 million would be a realistic guess. 452k is 9% of 5 million. What does this mean? I really don't know.

Expand  

Well, it means that either higher graded PLOD's tends to have a heavier percentage hit on them as opposed to the lower graded PLOD's, or it might also mean that Bats is in more demand than Supes, even when Restored and especially when it's starting from a lower pricing baseline, or some combination of both.  

As always, it depends on the amount of resto, the type of resto, the type of book, the price point of the book. It can be any number of factors.

There is no exactly percentage you can estimate.

As a rough rule of thumb the less resto, the greater the percentage of an unrestored copy it will be value at.

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it means that either higher graded PLOD's tends to have a heavier percentage hit on them as opposed to the lower graded PLOD's, or it might also mean that Bats is in more demand than Supes, even when Restored and especially when it's starting from a lower pricing baseline, or some combination of both.  (shrug)

Yep. It kind of makes sense too that with mid grades there will be more competition. A lot more people have the means to obtain a restored GA key between say 30 to 80k as opposed to a few hundred thousand. When you get to those numbers the herd gets pretty thin I would think. 

11 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

As always, it depends on the amount of resto, the type of resto, the type of book, the price point of the book. It can be any number of factors.

There is no exactly percentage you can estimate.

As a rough rule of thumb the less resto, the greater the percentage of an unrestored copy it will be value at.

Oh for sure. We were talking about moderate resto's but you're right about those points. Many variables. I was just testing lou_fine's theory and I think he is right. And looking back at the Purple Bat 1's that have sold in the past few years I would say that 5.0 is one of the nicest. Moderate not extensive, not brittle. It did go high though. 

Edited by Professor Chaos

18 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

452 K

I really thought it would do something super crazy and be the first restored book to break a mil, but I guess the market isn't there yet. At least not with a book containing the amount of resto it has.

Edited by LDarkseid1

13 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Pep 22 5.0 Blue was a STEAL at 73k.  Tec 27. action 1 Bat 1  and Super 1 continue to separate themselves from the mega key pack at all grades

Put your 27 up for sale bet you it breaks 100k. why we never see any pics of your 27 :taptaptap: