• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

What happens to the 2 highest WW books that CC had for sale ?  Dont see them on their site anymore--assume we would have heard if they sold ...

I noticed that too.  They both fell off my watch list (and trust me, I was only watching :) ).  Maybe due to the cosmic sales results on highest graded Promise books, they've decided to take off the site for a bit and try to reset the bar with higher prices.

Edited by CrocHntr

4 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

Does it have a cover? Even a coverless T27 with a missing CF would be over 100K now, I'm guessing.

No cover.  I had a married BC at one time but I sold it,  I defer to Gotham Kid when it comes to all things Pre -Robin Tec but I wouldn't; be surprised if a complete coverless with nice eye appeal garnered 115k while a nice presenting  coverless missing the CF hit 100k.  I think we are there now.

2 hours ago, CrocHntr said:

I noticed that too.  They both fell off my watch list (and trust me, I was only watching :) ).  Maybe due to the cosmic sales results on highest graded Promise books, they've decided to take off the site for a bit and try to reset the bar with higher prices.

I don't think the sales of late will carry over to Diana Prince.  I certainly think they should  with those 2 beauties but I don't think the demand is there 

8 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

702K and on top of that 15%. More than 800K !

I honestly thought it would break a mil, especially with an 8.0 selling for $150K. @tth2 I totally get that reaction, but with how insane X-Men 1 prices are it seemed justified to me. I mean, it definitely got close. The last 9.6 I can recall sold for $350K in 2016 on C-Link and not sure if it was auction or buy it now. So I mean pretty impressive this went for over double that now I guess, but all grades of X-Men 1's from 2016 to now are selling for what, 3 to 4, maybe 5 times or higher what they were then lol. So it seems plausible a 9.6 would be worth at least 3 times that 2016 sale. Guess not though haha.

Edited by LDarkseid1

8 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I honestly thought it would break a mil, especially with an 8.0 selling for $150K. @tth2 I totally get that reaction, but with how insane X-Men 1 prices are it seemed justified to me. I mean, it definitely got close. The last 9.6 I can recall sold for $350K in 2016 on C-Link and not sure if it was auction or buy it now. So I mean pretty impressive this went for over double that now I guess, but all grades of X-Men 1's from 2016 to now are selling for what, 3 to 4, maybe 5 times or higher what they were then lol. So it seems plausible a 9.6 would be worth at least 3 times that 2016 sale. Guess not though haha.

Yet the highest graded All Star 8 can't fetch 1.1 M. doesn't make sense to me

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Totally agree. There are 201 blue label x-men 1 in 8.0 or better and over 3800 blue label on the census while all star 8 has a total of only 130 blue label books on the census. That books seems criminally undervalued at this point. 

13 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I honestly thought it would break a mil,

Nah. I stated elsewhere that I'd post a pic of myself with my undies on my head if it went for a mil. I figured it would be about a $750K book.

42 minutes ago, tth2 said:

While I'd be the last person to ever defend today's SA and BA prices, it is important to emphasize that there is a Demand axis as well as a Supply axis.

3800/130 = 29.2

I think it's safe to say that there are way more than 29 times more collectors interested in owning a X-Men 1 than collectors interested in owning an All Star 8. 

Id say that’s likely true. Not taking anything away from AS8 of course!

6 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Nah. I stated elsewhere that I'd post a pic of myself with my undies on my head if it went for a mil. I figured it would be about a $750K book.

I say still post the pic. I’m ready for some shock and awe 👌

Edited by LDarkseid1

11 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Yeah can’t explain that past auction. Someone should have dropped a mil+ solely out of respect for my Themysciran princess 😍.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:12 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah can’t explain that past auction. Someone should have dropped a mil+ solely out of respect for my Themysciran princess 😍.

Nooooo....they are getting expensive enough already;)

I guess I get the price for the turtle book when I start to look at Pokemon cards and rookie cards on some players who have only been in the league just a few years.  Not to mention Brady who is still playing. Prices being driven by a younger generation than old school collectors.  This is their nostalgia. for the record the TMNT's are fake superheroes 

Edited by Chicago Boy