• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,490 posts in this topic

DC should just change its name to Batman Comics. I thought they overdid the product, but no, it really is all customers want. 

Come on guys, why pick such a recent run as King when we've got cool stuff like All-Star Squadron that's never been reprinted in colour to do? Haven't we got enough Batman to choose from? 

The titles that will come under the DC vs Marvel Omnibus include:

• Batman/Captain America #1

• Batman/Daredevil #1

• Batman/Punisher: Lake of Fire #1

• Batman/Spider-Man #1

• Daredevil/Batman #1

• DC Special Series #27 – Batman Vs Hulk

• Darkseid vs. Galactus: The Hunger #1

• Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances #1

• Incredible Hulk vs. Superman #1

• Marvel and DC Present Featuring the Uncanny X-Men and the New Teen Titans #1

• Marvel Treasury Edition #28 – Superman And Spider-Man

• Punisher/Batman: Deadly Knights #1

• Silver Surfer/Superman #1

• Spider-Man and Batman #1

• Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man #1

• Superman/Fantastic Four #1.

The titles that will come under the Amalgam Age Omnibus include:

• DC Versus Marvel #1-4

• DC/Marvel: All Access #1-4

• Unlimited Access #1-4

• Bat-Thing #1

• Bruce Wayne: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

• Bullets and Bracelets #1

• Challengers of the Fantastic #1

• Doctor Strangefate #1

• Iron Lantern #1

• Legends of the Dark Claw #1

• Lobo the Duck #1

• Speed Demon #1

• Spider-Boy #1

• Super Soldier #1

• Thorion of the New Asgods #1

• X-Patrol #1.

Titles under both the DC vs. Marvel and the Amalgam Age Omnibuses will be released on August 6th, 2024, so stay tuned for updates.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:03 AM, WolverineX said:

Anyone know if the Age of Apocalypse omnibus  will be reprinted? I want to reread the entire run

I don't recall seeing it on the schedule so far for the next year, but I do know that it's been reprinted at least a couple of times, so I'd assume there's a good chance it will come back again, eventually. it seems to be one of the "evergreens". But since we're already getting into 2025 with the upcoming announcements, and it hasn't been mentioned, you may have to wait a couple of years (or more) before it comes back. 

On 2/15/2024 at 8:33 AM, SpineTic said:

The titles that will come under the DC vs Marvel Omnibus include:

• Batman/Captain America #1

• Batman/Daredevil #1

• Batman/Punisher: Lake of Fire #1

• Batman/Spider-Man #1

• Daredevil/Batman #1

• DC Special Series #27 – Batman Vs Hulk

• Darkseid vs. Galactus: The Hunger #1

• Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances #1

• Incredible Hulk vs. Superman #1

• Marvel and DC Present Featuring the Uncanny X-Men and the New Teen Titans #1

• Marvel Treasury Edition #28 – Superman And Spider-Man

• Punisher/Batman: Deadly Knights #1

• Silver Surfer/Superman #1

• Spider-Man and Batman #1

• Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man #1

• Superman/Fantastic Four #1.

The titles that will come under the Amalgam Age Omnibus include:

• DC Versus Marvel #1-4

• DC/Marvel: All Access #1-4

• Unlimited Access #1-4

• Bat-Thing #1

• Bruce Wayne: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

• Bullets and Bracelets #1

• Challengers of the Fantastic #1

• Doctor Strangefate #1

• Iron Lantern #1

• Legends of the Dark Claw #1

• Lobo the Duck #1

• Speed Demon #1

• Spider-Boy #1

• Super Soldier #1

• Thorion of the New Asgods #1

• X-Patrol #1.

Titles under both the DC vs. Marvel and the Amalgam Age Omnibuses will be released on August 6th, 2024, so stay tuned for updates.

This disappoints me...isn't this only like, a third of the total Amalgam one-shots?

On 2/15/2024 at 9:21 AM, F For Fake said:

I don't recall seeing it on the schedule so far for the next year, but I do know that it's been reprinted at least a couple of times, so I'd assume there's a good chance it will come back again, eventually. it seems to be one of the "evergreens". But since we're already getting into 2025 with the upcoming announcements, and it hasn't been mentioned, you may have to wait a couple of years (or more) before it comes back. 

oh man. guess I'll just keep reading my digital copes lol 

@WolverineX great timing, Omar just put up the reprint poll today! So head on over and make your voice heard!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScMcH_yT2zgKjtinzayBeLhOAKPeaVhaSfHVzKtfNhBcc5p0w/viewform

As a reminder to everyone, Marvel actually does listen to this material, Omar is tight with their collected editions department, and books making the top 25 tend to have a VERY good chance of coming back. So go vote and get your book reprinted!

On 2/15/2024 at 3:43 PM, F For Fake said:

@WolverineX great timing, Omar just put up the reprint poll today! So head on over and make your voice heard!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScMcH_yT2zgKjtinzayBeLhOAKPeaVhaSfHVzKtfNhBcc5p0w/viewform

As a reminder to everyone, Marvel actually does listen to this material, Omar is tight with their collected editions department, and books making the top 25 tend to have a VERY good chance of coming back. So go vote and get your book reprinted!

sweet! thank you!!

On 2/15/2024 at 1:43 PM, F For Fake said:

I put in my annual vote for Tomb of Dracula Volume 2! :tonofbricks:

On 2/16/2024 at 10:54 AM, piper said:

I put in my annual vote for Tomb of Dracula Volume 2! :tonofbricks:

I bet we'll get those sooner rather than later, at this point. They are some of the oldest omnis not yet reprinted, and with Midnight Sons/Blade/whatever possibly coming in MCU, the title should be back in focus. I had all of the ToD omnis when they first came out, read them, and eventually sold them when prices went nuts. I had recently been buying the MMW's, but it'll take forever to complete the series at one masterwork per year, so i may be tempted when they reprint the omnis. Hopefully they'll use the restorations done for the masterworks, as they look terrific. 

I bet you get your wish soon! Good luck!

I personally went with West Coast Avengers 1 & 2 as my priorities. I simply passed on them back in the day, and now, 10 years later, I'm trying to finish my Avengers run in omni form, and those are pretty pricey. So, holding out hope there.

I've stripped my collection back recently, and with Marvel and mostly just getting Avengers, Cap, Daredevil and X-Men omnis. Even restricting it to those titles, there's still PLENTY of stuff to buy, sheesh. 

Contents for the DC/Marvel Omnis have been updated. Everything is in the Amalgam one now, bar the 2 issues done by Gerard Jones. 

On 2/22/2024 at 7:51 PM, Cat said:

This will be a fun bit of nostalgia. I'd just started working at a comic shop when these came out, and I fondly recall the excitement. People were going nuts, we had to keep filling the stands on Wednesdays because we were running out of front stock so quickly. The funniest thing was that so many people had trouble pronouncing "Amalgam". You wouldn't believe some of the variations we heard.

To those who have the Geoff Johns Green Lantern omniboo, is there much overlap between them and the Blackest Night omnibus? Do the GL omnis contain the main BL story as well as the GL tie-in issues? 

Cheers. 

On 2/25/2024 at 12:06 AM, Cat said:

To those who have the Geoff Johns Green Lantern omniboo, is there much overlap between them and the Blackest Night omnibus? Do the GL omnis contain the main BL story as well as the GL tie-in issues? 

Cheers. 

GL omni vol 2 has all the Blackest Night issues (#0-8) but not the tie-ins such as the GL Corps tie-ins.  Hope this helps!

73679EC5-16A0-404C-98DD-36B1A698D77A.jpeg

8C805612-3725-4A30-9BAC-DACEDBC0943C.jpeg

On 2/25/2024 at 8:29 PM, Rockyjo3 said:

GL omni vol 2 has all the Blackest Night issues (#0-8) but not the tie-ins such as the GL Corps tie-ins.  Hope this helps!

73679EC5-16A0-404C-98DD-36B1A698D77A.jpeg

8C805612-3725-4A30-9BAC-DACEDBC0943C.jpeg

I don’t think the tie-ins matter that much.