• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,504 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2021 at 12:25 AM, William-James88 said:

Why yes Heritage, I will take this great looking GA book off your hands for $180

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Captain Marvel Adventures #71 (Fawcett Publications, 1947) Condition: VF-....

Nice book!

But I just want to understand what the cover is saying.  If you manually spin the book yourself, the book spins?

Looks like somebody missed a deadline and they had to come up with something to get the book out to press.  lol

On 9/26/2021 at 7:39 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Nice book!

But I just want to understand what the cover is saying.  If you manually spin the book yourself, the book spins?

Looks like somebody missed a deadline and they had to come up with something to get the book out to press.  lol

Yeah, this series had a few interactive covers where you'd have to orient the book differently. In this one, you stare at the middle of the circle and you tilt the book from side to side and you'll see it spin within. 

Here's another gimmick cover:

Captain Marvel Adventures Issue 74 | Read Captain Marvel Adventures Issue 74  comic online in high quality. Read Full Comic online for free - Read comics  online in high quality .

Edited by William-James88

On 9/26/2021 at 11:21 AM, William-James88 said:

Yeah, this series had a few interactive covers where you'd have to orient the book differently. In this one, you stare at the middle of the circle and you tilt the book from side to side and you'll see it spin within. 

Here's another gimmick cover:

Captain Marvel Adventures Issue 74 | Read Captain Marvel Adventures Issue 74  comic online in high quality. Read Full Comic online for free - Read comics  online in high quality .

Who is the 13th guest?

Weird. I read it straight away then put my nose on the dot to see if I misread lol

Then it was blurry lol

I don't wear glasses

On 9/26/2021 at 12:54 AM, justafan said:

I have a few. Most did not come back higher.

This is also what I gathered from all my research on the topic. Same results as doing CPR on other slabs. But the fact that it has worked a few times is enough for it to be strategy for some, making older slabs rarer, adding to the mystique and aurora of possibility. But in the end, the real winners are CGC who take our money regardless of the outcome.

On 9/27/2021 at 6:15 PM, alexgross.com said:

if anyone's planning on bidding on any SA books in this week's CL auction, don't bother. i plan on winning them all. and i'm just d u m b enough to do it! 

There is a CL auction this week?

On 9/27/2021 at 9:08 PM, greggy said:

Yeah troll

Bid up those books you collect to 45% of GPA you cheaparse

Don't know what's up your expensivearse this evening, garden gnome, but I win several books most auctions. We can't all be wealthy frostback tax employees.

On 9/27/2021 at 9:13 PM, lizards2 said:

Don't know what's up your expensivearse this evening, garden gnome, but I win several books most auctions. We can't all be wealthy frostback tax employees.

now i see how you guys both have such high post counts. carry on!

On 9/28/2021 at 8:34 AM, alexgross.com said:
On 9/27/2021 at 9:13 PM, lizards2 said:

now i see how you guys both have such high post counts. carry on!

Mine would be a lot higher, but I seem to post in a lot of threads that are eventually deleted..., hm

On 9/28/2021 at 7:27 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:
On 9/28/2021 at 5:56 PM, alexgross.com said:

two for two so far! the rest of this week should break my bank account. 

E1DB36A0-E97F-4884-BF5D-269C73633044.jpeg

45368A67-F2A0-4E26-A108-A05E73084FAB.jpeg

Expand  

Those are excellent 7.0s.  Well done!

you never know what lays beneath the slab (until you crack it), but they have great eye appeal!!!

On 9/28/2021 at 9:10 PM, Off Panel said:
On 9/28/2021 at 8:49 AM, lizards2 said:

Mine would be a lot higher, but I seem to post in a lot of threads that are eventually deleted..., hm

Coincidence?

(shrug)

uhhh..., dur..,