• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,490 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2021 at 12:14 AM, Microchip said:

Yup, there's a second step to adding the books to your watch list.   You can't just click the first link and add them.   Comicconnect wants you to confirm it in the individual book page.  Painful I know, but that's the system they've set up.

Well, now I know for next time.  TY!

On 9/6/2021 at 4:24 PM, Gregd said:

F0D97925-9CD8-4BE3-8AC3-0A7A4D777D40.thumb.png.0015058455eeca92e0e9beafae7c8d5f.png

Happy to get a blue label 8.0 of a Sandman cover. Now the priciest comic I ever bought 😬😬

Wondering if I should send in to get a new case, thoughts?

Considering the QC issues CGC has been having of late, unless the inner well is starting to turn yellow I'd leave it is for now.  Just my 2c

On 9/5/2021 at 3:19 PM, kagemusha7s said:

Is there a way to see the final prices for the last ComicConnect auction?

Generally, if you are on their mailing list and simply wait a few days after the end of their Event Auctions, you should be receiving an email from the CC Support Team which has a link in there that allows you to see all of the individual auction results from their just completed Event Auction.  (thumbsu

On 9/6/2021 at 5:24 PM, Gregd said:

F0D97925-9CD8-4BE3-8AC3-0A7A4D777D40.thumb.png.0015058455eeca92e0e9beafae7c8d5f.png

Happy to get a blue label 8.0 of a Sandman cover. Now the priciest comic I ever bought 😬😬

Wondering if I should send in to get a new case, thoughts?

I miss my Adv 51! 

On 9/9/2021 at 4:08 PM, lizards2 said:

I have cracked out books from 100's of slabs of all the generations of CGC slabbage, and have I purchased at least 100 deslabbed books. 

All I have is my anecdotal evidence/experience, but this "old slabs are undergraded" is most certainly a myth.

There are tight and loose examples in all the case generations. I've certainly liberated my share of overgraded pigs from the old generation slabs. :p

I was contemplating starting a new thread in Comics General to prompt a discussion on this very topic. I’m curious to read about experiences and perspectives from others such as yours @lizards2, to gauge if the first generation holders were still romanticized or not. I also wonder how many of those first generation holders are still out there, I’m sure a lot of them were cracked, pressed and regraded. 

On 9/10/2021 at 8:57 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

I was contemplating starting a new thread in Comics General to prompt a discussion on this very topic. I’m curious to read about experiences and perspectives from others such as yours @lizards2, to gauge if the first generation holders were still romanticized or not. I also wonder how many of those first generation holders are still out there, I’m sure a lot of them were cracked, pressed and regraded. 

I have a few. Most did not come back higher.

1. One went up in PQ but the grade stayed the same (cgc 9.6)

2. One went from a cgc 9.4 to 9.2 because of a 1/4 color break bend in the midde of the front cover that wasnt clearly visible through the slab in hand but was when i cracked it out. It looked like a scratch on the slab or inner well but was actually on the book.

3. One went up in grade from a 9.2 to a 9.6 with the same pq after a press.

4. 2 went from a 9.6 to a 9.4 same pq even after a press with no graders notes. No interior damage, no tears or stains, no spine stress, no chipping or bends. My only guess is the corners werent sharp enough???

5. One went up in grade from a 9.4 to a 9.6 but went from white pages to off-whit to white pages.

So no, my luck has not been great with these. I still have several in their old slabs that i know could be upgradable on a good day at cgc but not going to risk it with CGCs current quality control issues. 

On 9/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Absolutely nothing from the Heritage ASM #1 CGC Registered set. Someone or some decided to buy everything from double, triple, etc. and on for every book. ???

Someone definitely brought their war chest. Im guessing it was mainly 2 or 3 big whales going after most of the key and low census books in 9.6 and 9.8 with a handful of standard HG asm collectors/dealers. I stayed out of their way for most of it but when the dust settled, im not sure you'd want to be a winner of some of those books if your bank account isnt in the 6 figures or their wallets will have a heck of a hangover for the next few months. It was entertaining to hear the auctioneer's quips and banter after each next bid came in to urge another bid in.

"$25k now i need 26. Whose got 26, 26 to take it home....ok $26k from the phones, what about $27k, i need $27k...$26k can i get $27?"

And then a couple of times the phone bid came in just a second too late after the lot closed but they went ahead and went back and opened it back up for bidding and increases another $15k in counter bids. If i were the original winning bidder on that lot i would have been pissed. 

Some books i can totally understand the triple or quintuple GPA prices but some were clearly needed to complete a set.

Started seeing a pattern of $60k bids for certain issues and then $35k for others.

A few went for what i considered reasonable prices, mostly above issue #50.