• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,490 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2021 at 8:32 AM, Off Panel said:

Hey, you got your #1! Congrats!

Thanks! $3700 cheaper than the one I didn’t win in May. Additionally, I just noticed this morning it’s a Western Penn copy 😉

On 8/25/2021 at 8:31 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Not in hand, of course, but a win tonight on CL.  Don't feel like I had to overpay.

FF - 37.jpg

Always loved this cover. The purple and green is sick

On 8/25/2021 at 5:27 PM, Murphman13 said:

Welp, after seeing tonight’s bids….

38F96515-29BB-4BAB-9ECB-B5F768E9E9B4.gif

Lol, that gif matches my reaction exactly!

If last night’s results are any indication, I guess I’m not going to be acquiring a decent copy of Star Trek #1 any time soon. 

As a consolation, it looks like there’s some “garbage” DD books coming up in the next auction, maybe I can afford a couple of those. :p

On 8/24/2021 at 9:31 PM, pickycollector said:

Wow, ASM #11 CGC 9.0 sold for $36,500 !!  :whatthe::whatthe:

Yep either a couple of collectors really needed to fill a hole badly, they didnt realize it wasn't Doc Ocks first appearance, or what happens when 2 people put in stupid high unbeatable bids. I suppose it could have been related to the time reset but i thought i saw it that high prior to the timer reset. If youve got the money it doesnt really matter but i just hope they didnt accidentally add in an extra zero to their bids as they frantically typed it in to the field.

I did that a couple of times because i couldnt tell how many zeros i entered into the field. It cost me a good book one time because i had to go back and check as time expired. Amazingly the other time i ended up causing the bid price to spike to astronomical levels and was still outbid. I dont do that anymore and use a different approach.

I wonder how many non paying bidders there might be in this auction.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:57 AM, justafan said:

Yep either a couple of collectors really needed to fill a hole badly, they didnt realize it wasn't Doc Ocks first appearance, or what happens when 2 people put in stupid high unbeatable bids. I suppose it could have been related to the time reset but i thought i saw it that high prior to the timer reset. If youve got the money it doesnt really matter but i just hope they didnt accidentally add in an extra zero to their bids as they frantically typed it in to the field.

I did that a couple of times because i couldnt tell how many zeros i entered into the field. It cost me a good book one time because i had to go back and check as time expired. Amazingly the other time i ended up causing the bid price to spike to astronomical levels and was still outbid. I dont do that anymore and use a different approach.

I wonder how many non paying bidders there might be in this auction.

#’s 2 & 11 are by far the toughest books in the Ditko run to find 9.0 OB. The hammer prices were high, but not unexpected for those two.

Fun fact - the 9.0 #11 sold for the exact price the 9.6 Pac Coast copy went for two years ago

On 8/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, djpinkpanther67 said:

#’s 2 & 11 are by far the toughest books in the Ditko run to find 9.0 OB. The hammer prices were high, but not unexpected for those two.

Fun fact - the 9.0 #11 sold for the exact price the 9.6 Pac Coast copy went for two years ago

Granted but the #2 9.0 only went for $17k and its a 1st app key and the #3 9.2 1st app only went for $13k. #11 went for double? That reaks of irrational exuberance. Great for the seller if theyre paid out but will suck if they see another #11 in higher grade with equal pq and wrap go for about the same. But then again, those with that kind of money dont worry about such things. Kind of skews it for the rest of us but i do prefer the hunt for a good deal a lot more than getting what i want at any cost so its probably just hard for me to relate.

On 8/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, djpinkpanther67 said:

I was going to say...  Most anything above a 7.0 on issue 11 seems tougher to find and the price increases steadily.