• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 5:18 AM, Microchip said:

Cool, 78 years from now this is really going to pay dividends.

FMI, are you 12 years old or younger by chance??

Ha little older. Figure my great grandkids will benefit.

So, basically what you are saying here is, what you collect rocks and what he collects sucks. 

On 10/13/2021 at 9:39 AM, Ryan. said:

So, basically what you are saying here is, what you collect rocks and what he collects sucks. 

I didn’t take it that way, it is not a book I would buy honestly, I put in a $1 bid just to see what they do with the auction. Guess the joke didn’t go over as I expected it to.

Whaaaaaaaah?    Time clock makes the CGC boards look smooth.

Edited by Buzzetta

On 10/14/2021 at 8:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

A week ago I had never owned a copy of this book in my life.

I bought a raw copy at NYCC... but... for $552... why not pick up a second?

@kav

00025801696000083800768002.jpg

Buzz is killing me with this folks. 

image.jpeg.1f98aa266496dbd09c0c0b7fed882304.jpeg

Edited by kav

On 11/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, pickycollector said:

It seems like the market is cooling down a bit these days.

A copy of DD #1 CGC 8.5 sold for $17,939 tonight although the last GPA sale for a  8.5 was $26,400

Many other books sold for less than GPA as well.

I wish it were that simple but based on what I'm seeing, it's not.  At least for the books I'm bidding on, there are no bargains to be found and some results (like Avengers #93 9.6 selling for over $5,000 on Heritage this past weekend) blew the doors off GPA.

It would take a much larger sample to prove or disprove, but my hunch/hypothesis continues to be that we're seeing an increased separation between higher-grade and lower-grade books, with ever-widening price ratios between 9.8/9.6, 9.6/9.4, 9.4/9.0, and so on.  I picked the wrong time to upgrade all my 20-cent covers from 9.4 to 9.6, that's for sure.

In this specific case, DD #1 has always been the least valuable among Marvel's early #1s, but it experienced an insane spike in the last year, led by a truly stunning 9.6 sale, that lifted all boats and had people saying the book was finally getting its due.  But these things sometimes go in cycles and I think a correction was inevitable.  Of course that's not to say it won't go back to climbing again.

On 11/3/2021 at 1:20 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I wish it were that simple but based on what I'm seeing, it's not.  At least for the books I'm bidding on, there are no bargains to be found and some results (like Avengers #93 9.6 selling for over $5,000 on Heritage this past weekend) blew the doors off GPA.

It would take a much larger sample to prove or disprove, but my hunch/hypothesis continues to be that we're seeing an increased separation between higher-grade and lower-grade books, with ever-widening price ratios between 9.8/9.6, 9.6/9.4, 9.4/9.0, and so on.  I picked the wrong time to upgrade all my 20-cent covers from 9.4 to 9.6, that's for sure.

In this specific case, DD #1 has always been the least valuable among Marvel's early #1s, but it experienced an insane spike in the last year, led by a truly stunning 9.6 sale, that lifted all boats and had people saying the book was finally getting its due.  But these things sometimes go in cycles and I think a correction was inevitable.  Of course that's not to say it won't go back to climbing again.

I'm seeing only the books that started early in the price run, starting to soften up now.    There's always going to be a certain amount of cyclic movement to the price growth on a book.   Books late to the party are still climbing, and there's many sub-markets doing their own thing too.