• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Was going to bid on a book tonight but noticed that the auction end dates are stating January 1st, 2100.  

Going to be tough to snipe this batch...

That happened just within the last few minutes.  Hopefully they can fix it quickly, otherwise they are going to have to reset the auction entirely.

Kinda sketchy but for a moment i thought comiclink had instituted a clock reset for bidding in the last 3 minutes kind of like what pedigree does except instead of only a 5 min extension it made it 1 hr more. Could you imagine if bidders kept sniping. The auction would go until tomorrow.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:00 PM, batman_fan said:

Not the auction to pick up Spiderman's :cry:

No sir. I was going to take a shot on a few books but once that reset happened i wasnt going to touch anything that ended within the first 15 min. It appeared to happen suspiciously at the 8:19/20 pm mark, a full minute or 2 before the first asm 1 closed. 

It was funny for a minute as it listed the time left on the lots as 28618 days, 3 hours and 37 minutes. I cant wait 78 years to put a sniping bid in!

After the hour reset, prices seemed to go a bit high but possibly a bit higher for some more than others. I bet more than a few were presnipers whose bids got exposed and that #11 had at least 2 aggressive bidders. Normally id figure it was movie hype but dang the #3 went for only a little more than gpa.

It still smells like a bit of potential cyber shinanigans or inside trickery.