• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,490 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2023 at 8:16 AM, namisgr said:

Starched collar.  And gorgeous colors!

More annoying is how the pages fan at the bottom right. I never liked that. Whoever pressed that book should have done better. That would have prevented the "starched collar" look at the top right. 

On 11/30/2023 at 3:53 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

20 year wantlist book finally crossed off.  I would have paid way more than I did.  Can't express how much joy this brings me.

Hulk king a.jpg

I consider this book a low-key late-Silver Age grail.  My target was always 9.6 WP and I am thrilled with my copy ... congrats on grabbing a 9.8.

On 12/2/2023 at 12:13 PM, batmiesta said:

Nabbed this beauty last night, might have overpaid a little though.  $450

conan 11.jpg

Maybe not. 

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #11, CGC 9.6 NM+ - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED

Barry Windsor-Smith cover and art.

Current Bid: $1,365
Number Of Bids: 31 history.gif

Add to WantList  [Sell One Of These]

00013321696000114028793014_TH.jpg

You have been outbid on this item

Type of Holder: Universal
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Page Quality: OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Pages
Census Rank: 2nd Highest Graded
End Date: 3/3/2023 11:02:20 PM

If you got a 9.6 of Conan #11 for $450, that's a mega steal.

On 12/2/2023 at 9:49 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Since I referenced it in the "Are prices still climbing ..." thread, I figure I might as well post it. :tonofbricks:

Yes, I overpaid,  Yes, I know it.  Why I did it ... I can only attest to the moment of irrationality that occasionally overtakes even the most rational-thinking people.

I had been eyeing the book all auction. It's an old label beauty of a classic ASM issue, and for a while, it looked like I might be able to snag it at a reasonable price.  Then, between 30 minutes to an hour before the end, the bidding shot up, and what I had planned to bid was exceeded.  My rational side said, "Wait until the next one comes along."  The irrational side of me that was aggravated said, "#%$& this ... I'm getting this, and whoever else is bidding, you're not getting it". 

All in all, happiness is not all about snagging a deal.  Sometimes, it's about the rush of the item itself.  I have always loved this issue, and I'll be happy to own this copy when it arrives.

asm40.jpg

It's an old label that looks and probably is better than its assigned grade so you probably did not overpaid :applause:

On 12/2/2023 at 4:07 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

If you got a 9.6 of Conan #11 for $450, that's a mega steal.

On 12/2/2023 at 4:56 PM, batmiesta said:

Yeah! Had a look through my tracking bids and realized the last one went for $1300+ , so pleased with that. :cheers:

Ok, maybe I'm missing something (I don't follow Conan too closely), but GPA lists the last CGC sale back in June of a 9.6 at $360.  From looking at the prices over the past few years, it looks like it's correcting back to "normal" prices before the COVID bump.  It looks like a couple of sales during that period caused the chart to go bonkers :

image.thumb.png.12fada65a80606306a688c882a26d771.png

On 12/2/2023 at 9:13 AM, batmiesta said:

Nabbed this beauty last night, might have overpaid a little though.  $450

conan 11.jpg

Maybe not. 

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #11, CGC 9.6 NM+ - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED

Barry Windsor-Smith cover and art.

Current Bid: $1,365
Number Of Bids: 31 history.gif

Add to WantList  [Sell One Of These]

00013321696000114028793014_TH.jpg

You have been outbid on this item

Type of Holder: Universal
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Page Quality: OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Pages
Census Rank: 2nd Highest Graded
End Date: 3/3/2023 11:02:20 PM

Grats!  You beat me out on that one.  Only two 9.8's, so these 9.6's usually have stiff competition.